Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary For Wii

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
[xFLOAT=left]http://www.wiichat.com/news-images/lara.jpg[/xFLOAT]Eidos Interactive Ltd have confirmed that a Wii version of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is currently well into development for the console.

“The Nintendo Wii is a hugely innovative games console and we wanted to make a special version of Anniversary to appeal to Wii owners,” said Kathryn Clements, Senior Brand Manager, Tomb Raider. ““The Wiimote & Nunchuck controller allows Wii gamers to control Lara in brand new, unique ways, and there are plenty of new features, to be revealed soon, which will ensure Anniversary really hits the spot - literally.”

A release date for the Wii console is yet to be announced.

Lara Croft......
Again?.......
Zzzzzzz........

This was my only concern with the Wii. Companies re-hashing old has been games, slapping a couple of new moves thanks to the Wiimote, a couple of new "features" and here's a brand new £40 game!

Last edited:
seems to be the wii are bringing back the dead out of their graves, if there can be positive games from it, then good for the developers.. but remake after remake it does get tired fast, especially if we had played it all before...after all we have the retro games for playing oldies.:smilewinkgrin:

Thats great news. I was originally planning to get this game for PS2 because I thought it wasn't going to be released on the Wii. But now, its the Wii version all the way.

drewster2k said:
seems to be the wii are bringing back the dead out of their graves, if there can be positive games from it, then good for the developers.. but remake after remake it does get tired fast, especially if we had played it all before...after all we have the retro games for playing oldies.:smilewinkgrin:

Sorry but you guys are wrong. This is a full, new next-gen game which is coming out on other consoles too. I've been exited about the PC version up until I found out it was coming out for the Wii.
If they're building one for the Wii from the get-go then It won't be half-arsed controls (most likely).

Although the game is in development for nest-gen consoles, I doubt the Wii version will be that special. It'll just have some slapped on motion moves that will eventually have you thinking "I wish I could just mash a button to do this."

On a positive note though, I think 2008 will see some real built-for-the-Wii third party games.

Adamquest64 said:
Although the game is in development for nest-gen consoles, I doubt the Wii version will be that special. It'll just have some slapped on motion moves that will eventually have you thinking "I wish I could just mash a button to do this."

On a positive note though, I think 2008 will see some real built-for-the-Wii third party games.

Could you inform me of the nest-gen systems

looks good never played one but probably will play this one

Nest-Gen-(Nehst-Jehn)-adjective:

Describes a video game system made specially to configure with the electronic set-up of the common Ruto home. These unique bird people have two main interests: Delivering mail and playing video games. Most of their electronics, as well as many things they use, are made of mostly straw, string, and hair. Only a nest-gen system is compatable.

yay! loved the first TR on playstation, the one where you trained in her house, i always used to lock the freaky waiter in the freezer

What's wrong with more games on Wii ??
As long as it's third-party developpers who make them, I'm happy that more and more games come on the Wii - even if they are crapy re-hashes ! :p
Just don't buy them !

Back