Ledger wins posthumous Oscar

Diomedes

WiiChat Member
Aug 5, 2006
Australia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Heath Ledger has won the best supporting actor Oscar for his stunning performance as The Joker in the Batman blockbuster, The Dark Knight.

Yeah, I thought he deserved it.

Boo. He was good, but I think he only got it because of his death.

Dark Knight was overrated in every aspect.

I agree the film was ridiculously overrated, although Ledger put in a damn fine performance.

I haven't seen any of the other nominees, so I wouldn't be able to tell you if he deserved the award or not.

I have to agree with Brawny about the film being overrated, but Ledger's performance as The Joker was still excellent.

I honestly think Eckherts' performance was best in that movie.

darkprinny-albums-prinnles-picture99-second.jpg

If he didnt die would he still win one?

I never even herd of him till the film

Thats understandable. He never played huge rolls till the Joker.

Ledger almost won a "Best Actor" Oscar for his performance in Brokeback Mountain. Surely, there's a film with a lot of publicity (controversy). Oh well...

Not that how publicised he is as an actor has anything to do with whether or not he should have won the Oscar. The second spot in line for the Oscar was filled by Josh Brolin (who you also probably don't know - I didn't until this film) for his performance as Dan White in Milk, which, while it was a good performance, wasn't nearly as stand-out as Ledger's in The Dark Knight. And I'm not really biased, because I ****ing loved Milk, I actually preferred it to The Dark Knight. I can just see that Ledger's performance was better than Brolin's. If he'd been up against Sean Penn as Harvey Milk in Milk, I'd have backed Sean Penn.

I'm still curious who you think should have won, Adam.

Back