Ledger wins posthumous Oscar

Ledger won? No surprise.
Who should have won? Don't know. Hadn't seen all of the movies.

I've got to admit, I never heard of him before Dark Knight either.

Not even such greats like 10 Things I Hate About You!?

Anyway, I don't think this film would have even been successful if not for his death. I haven't been to see it, and that's because I can't be bothered unless someone pays for me. If someone outta Cloverfield died then that would have been in the history books. Instead it's actually recognised for what it really is.

I'm sure his performance was great. Just as I think Kate Winslet is, but I mostly like her for her personality and "Now I'm going to get massively drunk".

Slumdog Millionaire though. I can't see how at all. My disbelief actually wants me to go watch this film.

Apparently, Ledger managed to fit in another film before dying called "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus". I wonder how many box office records it's going to break just because he was in it.

Anyway, I don't think this film would have even been successful if not for his death. I haven't been to see it, and that's because I can't be bothered unless someone pays for me. If someone outta Cloverfield died then that would have been in the history books. Instead it's actually recognised for what it really is.
Actually, I find that Cloverfield gets massively overrated as well.

Slumdog Millionaire though. I can't see how at all. My disbelief actually wants me to go watch this film.
I have yet to see it, and I don't even know what it's about. But it could be good- last year's winner (No Country For Old Men) is one of the best films I've ever seen.

I have yet to see it, and I don't even know what it's about. But it could be good- last year's winner (No Country For Old Men) is one of the best films I've ever seen.
I personally thought that Slumdog Millionaire was a very good film. Great story, direction and music.

It's about a boy winning the Indian version of "Who wants to be a Millionaire?", and how growing up in the slums has allowed him to learn the answers.

I hated Cloverfield.

Napalm, he didn't really manage to fit that one in... he died half-way through, so the rest of his role was recast with Jude Law, Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell. I would've seen it anyway, he was my Australian homeboy. :p

I thought Cloverfield was decent, but nothing special. Except the first 20 minutes, which have to be some of the most tedious scenes ever commited to film.

Napalm, he didn't really manage to fit that one in... he died half-way through, so the rest of his role was recast with Jude Law, Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell. I would've seen it anyway, he was my Australian homeboy. :p
"Fit in" was the wrong term, I was aware he didn't finish it.

So what's up with recasting him with three different people?

He definitely deserved it, his performance as The Joker was absolutely outstanding. The film itself was overrated though, I rated it a 7.5/10. R.I.P. Heath.

Also, I personally really like Cloverfield, it was very well filmed I think. I look forward to a sequel!

Back