Linux Live CD for the Wii?

Wii_Rulez

Waluigi The Great
Jun 12, 2006
SC
Wii Online Code
3498-5538-0554-5440
A Linux Live CD is in development for the Nintendo Wii
For those who don’t know a Linux Live CD is a full Linux OS that boots off of the CD into memory without the need to install anything.You simply stick the disc into the disc drive and it will fully boot into an OS capable of internet browsing, movie playback, games, etc. Any Wii should work with it.
A video of what it should look like/Source

OMG! I just told my dad and we WENT CRAZY! WOW, i've never seen him so psyched or happy for the Wii ever! So am i! Omg omg omg.....

itzzbalaez said:
What the heck is linux and what does it do?
If you read the post you would have seen
For those who don’t know a Linux Live CD is a full Linux OS that boots off of the CD into memory without the need to install anything.You simply stick the disc into the disc drive and it will fully boot into an OS capable of internet browsing, movie playback, games, etc. Any Wii should work with it.

if you don't know what linux is your should probly shoot your self in the arm with that paintball gun in your closet or go on wikipedia.org and type in linux

if it boots without a mod chip, thats awesome. Im not so much interested in the wii as a pc, but I hope this means added dvd support, that nintendo wont add because of economic politics with the owners of dvd regain codes. . Also this may let people play jap games.

Link_of_Hyrule said:
if you don't know what linux is your should probly shoot your self in the arm with that paintball gun in your closet or go on wikipedia.org and type in linux

I just did both of those, and I still don't know what it does. I really don't get how you could have a operating system on a Wii. How would you have a mouse, how would you install things, etc. I'm a noob at it, I know. So who ever is going to try and flame, get over it.

And don't forget about the web browser!! No need to buy opera...... for those cheap bastards like me

COLDshiver said:
And don't forget about the web browser!! No need to buy opera...... for those cheap bastards like me
Opera Browser is free for download until June of 07.

White-Wolf said:
if it boots without a mod chip, thats awesome. Im not so much interested in the wii as a pc, but I hope this means added dvd support, that nintendo wont add because of economic politics with the owners of dvd regain codes. . Also this may let people play jap games.
Even though Linux rules like a 13 year-old at spelling (sarcastic counter-example, I actually love Linux), simply running Linux won't provide DVD playback or japanese support, that would require a hardware upgrade and a mod chip, respectively.
itzzbalaez said:
I just did both of those, and I still don't know what it does. I really don't get how you could have a operating system on a Wii. How would you have a mouse, how would you install things, etc. I'm a noob at it, I know. So who ever is going to try and flame, get over it.
Linux is an operating system, like Windows or Mac OS X.

Back