Litter Bugs

brendo

Would you kindly?
Apr 15, 2007
NSW, Australia
What are your views on litter bugs?

I was just driving down the highway and saw a idiot throw a massive bad of Mcdonalds out the window. I felt like running him off the road.

If I see people in the street dropping litter or cig butts I always tell them off and make them pick it up and put it in the bin. So what are your views on this?

I agree with you Brendo. It makes the streets more pleasant if people took that little bit of extra effort to make it to a bin.

exactly...Its not like there is never a bin more then 10 meters away anyways. Just some people are lazy slobs :mad5:

Out here in the boonies, there isn't a trash can for a few miles (outside of someones house, that is:lol:), so there is every kind of fast food trash imaginable in the ditches; as well as beer bottles and other things. (I even found a blockbuster dvd on the road, and it was still playable!)

I hate litter bugs.

Last edited:
I try very hard not to litter myself, but I can't say I never had...thankfully though I'm usually not too lazy to find a garbage can to throw something away. If I saw someone litter it might make me a little mad, but at my age (almost 16 :) ) I have little power to tell someone what to do.

omg exactly!
do people get that if you keep your neighborhood clean it will make you wanna make it stay clean for years to come?
i just came back from gamestop before and I saw all this blockbuster food (=p) like a foot away from a trash can

Last edited:
I agree with you. Since I've lived in NYC, I know how much of an issue this is. What's so ironic is that there is a trash can on every corner of every block. I find it ridiculous that people can't hold on to there trash for that little an amount of time.

Yes, I hate littering. We always have a bag in the car.

Also. IT'S A FREAKING TRASH CAN, NOT A BIN. =P

More states need to instate the pop can refund. It did wonders for cans and bottles!

lol sorry, Im Australian, we call it a bin :)

We only do that soft drink cans for money thing in one state, sadly not mine :(

Detroit's the dirtiest city, but Michigan was the first to instate it, and it's the highest deposit. ($.10)

The litter in Cardiff can be quite terrible. There's bins all over town, yet people just throw stuff on the floor all the time. It's worst on match days- because Cardiff is by the sea, it typically leads to seagull invasion.

Brawny said:
Also. IT'S A FREAKING TRASH CAN, NOT A BIN. =P

Why use eight letters when you only need three? :D

Hmmm, I could say the same for paedo, favour, flavour, colour, favourite... But that's for another thread. D:

I get really annoyed when people drop things on the floor when they're a few metres away from a bin. But.. from time to time I do drop little bits of litter (like straw packaging or a label.. little things :) )

Hell, I get annoyed when people leave their McDonald's for the workers to clean up. There's a disgustingly large amount of fast food rubbish around this city, and cigarette packets.

£60 fine for cigarette buds, I believe. But I've never ever seen it used.

The council put bins everywhere, they're morons, and I hate it when people don't pick up their rubbish even if they miss the bin. Blah.

Back