LOL! Wow! iPhone game with better graphics than most Wii games...

dude, stockmode, you are getting pretty nutso now. it starting to be ridiculous. making an iphone game is ALOT bifferent than making a wii game.

I really don't care what system, tv, etc your are talking about, screenshots are a bullshit way to judge a game graphically. All the issues already pointed out in this thread.

Motion changes everything. Framerate, resolution, etc... still images *should* look ****ing fantastic, regardless of the rest of the crap. But if you are using a few screenshots to judge the finished product... good luck with that.

Sort of like game commercials that only show the beautiful and amazing cut scene footage from a game, and never show the REAL gameplay... I hope you don't buy games based off that crap or screenshots...

What about Wii screenshots? The ones you see online aren't TV sized. I don't recall the last time I saw a 50" screenshot...

Well... do you have a 50" computer monitor?? Last time I tried to open a screenshot that big my 20" monitor exploded and the image jumped out of the screen and pounced right at me!!

Regardless, the 8GB iPod Touch is only $225 now. It is an immensely more powerful gaming platform, plus it's an iPod, mobile internet browser, backup drive, photo gallery, video viewer, etc.

Ummm.... So is the New DSi......

Well... do you have a 50" computer monitor?? Last time I tried to open a screenshot that big my 20" monitor exploded and the image jumped out of the screen and pounced right at me!!

Ummm.... So is the New DSi......

I don't think you guys understand. If the iPhone game would look worse blown up bigger based on the screenshot, so should Wii games assuming the screenshots are of the same size.

The DSi is what? It doesn't do anything the iPhone/Touch does.

I don't think you guys understand. If the iPhone game would look worse blown up bigger based on the screenshot, so should Wii games assuming the screenshots are of the same size.

The DSi is what? It doesn't do anything the iPhone/Touch does.

Well theres the general "touch" thing. It also has a camera and you can download music. You can play (better) games on it and send messages to friends. It has internet browsing capabilities and a general online play feature. Also you can record voice/sound and edit it in all sorts of ways which I'm not sure if the i-phone can do. It has a forcast channel and a news channel like the Wii. Also later it will include Gameboy games for download, like its own little Virtual Console.

In fact, all the iPhone has on the DSi is that... well it's a phone.

i have an itouch and sadly, most apps do have better graphics then the wii. But the amount of data each app can have is very limited and so the games wouldn't be very long.
Also most people has an 8 gig iphone/ itouch so there wouldn't be enough data for a decent lengthened, good graphics game. The size of the games wouldn't be created that takes up alot of space, counting most people wil also add music and videos.
Even if iPhone has better graphics, the Wii still pwns it, iphone has limited ways of play and limited story line and play time.

Edit: Also itouch doesn't have the camera or text capabilities. For what i know, it can't call people either.
an Iphone can do all those things...BUT....Think about the cost....and the way you would pay like 50$+ month,y for it

Just bring around your Psp and phone/ Dsi+ phone, thats just a cheaper iphone

Last edited:
It's not just resolution though. Everything about the graphics looks better than most Wii games, including the character models, the level of detail, the 3D modeling, etc.

Whoop Di DOooooo! Too bad everyone will be too busy playing Tap Tap Revenge and other pointless time wasters rather than caring about this at all. Seriously, do you really think that Cell-Phone gaming will ever get the kind of attention to detail that full length video games get...NO THEY WILL NOT!!! So instead of saying "ZOMG!!!! IPhone Game looks better than Wii!!!!!!" Maybe you should be asking yourself who will buy and/or play this game at all. I-Phone gaming will more than likely go the route of N-Gage. It will start strong and get a couple of strong games, but then when they don't sell well, and developers get tired of pissing around on a cell phone, they will cut their loses and go make a real game. This topic really is pointless. Besides, those screenshots don't look half as good as Metroid Prime 3, not even in the same ballpark. In fact I can only think of a few Wii games that this may look "better" than (Marvel Ultimate Alliance comes to mind). So if your point is to try and say the IPhone is more powerful than the Wii, then keep dreaming. No way you can make a game as beautiful as Conduit on some Phone. No way.

Or Galaxy, or Sonic Unleashed, or No More Heroes, etc.

Or Galaxy, or Sonic Unleashed, or No More Heroes, etc.

Exactly, and considering the limited space of the iPhone, that game the OP posted the screenshots of can't be more than 2 or 3 levels long. And may clock in at about 1 hour and a half of play time. I really just fail to see what this thread accomplishes. Why would you come to a forum, and have 600+ post and want to bash the system you have wasted your life chatting about. If you don't like the Wii GTFO of the site. Really I hate the constant Wii-Bashing on this forum.

Atomheart is a bit sore at Nintendo. For the same reason I use to be, untill I leard the truth about the EarthBound U.S. deal.

Back