Resident Evil:UC better than given credit for

fewfirstchoice

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2007
Inez,Kentucky
Wii Online Code
6231-9555-8344-2935
I just pick up RE:UC along with the Wii Zapper and Links Crossbow Training.First off let me say the RE:UC is a way better game than most have given it credit for.The graphics are way better than I expected.The opening of the game while your on the train is just awesome in every way.It is very much worth a purchase if you are or arent a RE fan.
Also the Zapper is something that is very fun to play games with.I had heard that it wasnt a great light gun experience but I have to differ.It gives you pin point accuracy.It makes games fun to play in a arcade style.But I have to say that after you play throught a game once with the zapper that will probably be the end of that game with the zapper.
Zinks Crossbow Training is also a bit of a suprise.I was expecting a short 3 or 4 level shooting targets kind of game.Instead Nintendo gave us a game that has alot of levels and not just a point and shoot game.It has levels that you control Link and walk him thorugh stages shooting enemys aswell as targets.For a throw in game with the zapper Links CBT is alot of fun.
But theres my thoughts hope it helps someone.

It's been tricky for me, multiplayer that is, due to the fact that having two scopes on the screen is really distracting. That aside, it's a lot of fun, so long as both players can keep up with each other.

devitek said:
It's been tricky for me, multiplayer that is, due to the fact that having two scopes on the screen is really distracting. That aside, it's a lot of fun, so long as both players can keep up with each other.

Ditto, I actually prefer to play by myself. That second scope, to me at least, is extremely distracting. I heard a lot of negative feedback in terms of the Wii Zapper, but am willing to see what it's all about...

Not sure myself,havent played multiplayer yet.Infact I didnt relealize it had it.I noticed at the intro screen it didnt say anything about mutiplayer.How do you play multi on RE:UC.Is there a screen you go to for mutiplayer or is it just certain stages you can multi or can you play multi from the start of the game.I ma very interested in this.If anyone can tell me how to get to the multi screen I will try it out,thanks.

The game is awesome with 2 players. I agree, you need a player that knows how to aim. My friend was able to spot hidden items and ammo I normally would miss, or not find time to pick up. It's the best rail shooter out there. Is it a ground breaking game? No. Is it fun? Yes. The game is no good with the zapper, my suggestion is avoid using it for this game.

I've been hooked on this game for the past week. I was extremely disappointed when I first heard it was on rails, but once I started playing, I was more than willing to deal with it! The graphics are awesome, as are the story lines. I'm fairly new to the Resident Evil story as I just got into it after beating Resident Evil 4. This was a great way to find out the whole back story involved. Definitely a must buy for all!

hmm, so the game isn't too short? I'm not expecting the depth of RE4, but I'm hoping that it could last longer than just a rental of 4-5 days or so.

gnahc that would depend how much of a hardcore gamer you are. I am not so much a hardcore gamer just because I work so I still havn't beaten this game and it has been around 4 days now. My little nephew and I play this together though and it's great seeing him get scared and I have to admit, a few parts from the RE1 episodes is quite a bit startling. Nothing like the camera turning around and seeing a huge spider in front of you lol. My nephew asked just a few minutes ago if we have spiders in this house lol. Also, the game goes through resident evil 0, 1, and 3 so yeah it's gonna last quite a while. I just wish we had rocket launchers instead of a grenade launcher but I'll get over that I guess.

I'm having an absolute blast playing this game with my brother. At first having two reticles was distracting, but now it only gets in the way occasionally, when we're both going up for the headshot on the last zombie on screen.
Good for a Resident Evil game, and great for a rail shooter.

fewfirstchoice said:
Not sure myself,havent played multiplayer yet.Infact I didnt relealize it had it.I noticed at the intro screen it didnt say anything about mutiplayer.How do you play multi on RE:UC.Is there a screen you go to for mutiplayer or is it just certain stages you can multi or can you play multi from the start of the game.I ma very interested in this.If anyone can tell me how to get to the multi screen I will try it out,thanks.

i just picked up the game yesterday, it's freakin sweet. if you want multiplayer, just turn on the other wiimote, and another cursor will appear. then you each choose a person at the character screen. a just tried to dual wield on 2-p, and it's freakin impossible!!

haha dual wield :)

yah o dunno if i should get the zapper with this game or nawt.
i dont think i will, i mostly just want links crossbow training.

1 question does links crossbow training come in a real case or just a wiisports type cardboard sleeve?

Back