Looking to get a modded N64

D Twizzle

Lovin' The Wii
Aug 16, 2006
Nottingham, England
Wii Online Code
0130-2935-1724-6313
When I say modded I mean an American N64 with the inside modded to accept RGB scart. The only games I want to buy are the ones doubtful for virtual console like Golden Eye and Perfect Dark.

If anyone has any idea where I can get a pre-modded system please let me know (I've tried Ebay and a few search engines so far)

well, then they'll eventually come back to this thread if they cared and they'd see the edit one the first post. and voila!

oh, and ebay is always your best bet for things like this.
so just keep looking around some more on there.

Ha ha, If they read it and cared, they would've posted.

Would it be easier to somehow get the composite signal/component -> RGB?

Spiritshotgun said:
why not just use an emulator...project64 and if you need roms i can give em to you.
Project 64 is cool and all but some games dont run right, Perfect Dark doesn't even start and Golden Eye gets stuck on the first level.

I think it's impossible to get component on an N64 and if you could it'd mess up the screen because it wasn't made for that.

I've tried Ebay like I stated in my first post.

Maybe the people would come back or post first time, maybe they won't. I had something else to say so I posted again. The definintion of double posting to me me means saying the same exact words in two posts.

I only post when I have something to say that adds to the conversation.

So if I posted this comment in a separate post for each word, you wouldn't mind having to click through 2 pages of just Brawny posts?

Brawny said:
So if I posted this comment in a separate post for each word, you wouldn't mind having to click through 2 pages of just Brawny posts?
Yes I would. I wouldn't mind if you had forgotten something then replied 5 minutes later though.

D Twizzle said:
Project 64 is cool and all but some games dont run right, Perfect Dark doesn't even start and Golden Eye gets stuck on the first level.

You have to go to the P64 homepage, some games require different plug ins :)

Spiritshotgun said:
You have to go to the P64 homepage, some games require different plug ins :)
Oh right, thanks for the info. Can you get the games to run like the originals?

D Twizzle said:
When I say modded I mean an American N64 with the inside modded to accept RGB scart. The only games I want to buy are the ones doubtful for virtual console like Golden Eye and Perfect Dark.

If anyone has any idea where I can get a pre-modded system please let me know (I've tried Ebay and a few search engines so far)
Shurly just getin a pal one would be easyer (you are in the UK arnt you)
The scart lead works perfectly (I know I run mine throw it) the game cube has the same tv out as the snes/n64

Dont forget the expansion pack for perfect dark

Stranger said:
dont double post,

if you need to add something use the edit button

If your not gona add anything to the topic just leave

Darkprinny said:
Shurly just getin a pal one would be easyer (you are in the UK arnt you)
The scart lead works perfectly (I know I run mine throw it) the game cube has the same tv out as the snes/n64

Dont forget the expansion pack for perfect dark

If your not gona add anything to the topic just leave
Pal N64's can't be modded to use RGB. The scart works but it runs it as composite.

But with a us one you will need a converter cart to play UK games

Why do you want a rgb one any way ?

Back