Lord Of the Battery Grave Yard

LyricistSoldier

|Losing Faith Nintendo|
Dec 20, 2006
Throwin it up for the big SD.
So..
For kicks and plain curiosity how many sets of batteries have you gone thru on your wiimote?

I'm lame and have only gone through 3 pairs of batteries.

Post your battery smackdown # you've created playing with your WiiMote. The more batteries used the more play you've had (as a general rule of thumb).

Who reigns supreme? Whose the WiiMote Lord Of The Battery Grave Yard? (come on guys be truthful)

There are plenty of rechargeable batteries on the market these days. I suggest the Panasonic R2 brand that are high powered for use in digital cameras. They're great because they don't loose 75% of their charge if unused for awhile.

thanks for the tip casualimp

its obvious rechargables are the best way to go
this thread isnt to bash the fact the wiimote eats batteries its just a fun way to show in a ballpark how many hours you've got playin your wii...

so ok LyricisSoldier is still #1 with a measly 3 pairs on two WiiMotes while beating Zelda

anyone else? Someone has to beat me

I'm on my 3rd pair right now I think but they are staying strong.

i'm a little put off because my dad was shouting at me yesterday for using batteries with my gameboy colour (apparently taking them from his alarm clock is suddenly wrong) does anyone know which shops are selling the recharge docking station in the Uk please.

They have made a set of fitted & rechargable batteries for the wii remote..with a wii stand type thing which charges it....i have had my wii for a week now n i play it ALOT ..i still using the batteries that came with it(and it is still on full)!!:) the trick is ..when you are finished on the wii take the batteries out of the wiimote n put em back in when you want too play....hope it helps :)

erm in the box tehres these gold 1s lol..i will tell you the name later iff you want

good idea.. take em out when not in play.. probably saves from some drain on the batts?

the wii comes with alkaline batteries gold in color branded by panasonic

come on guys where's the wii guru i'd of sworn someones burned through a bucket of batteries

guess those who game hard r too smart to not use rechargables

Standings: LyricistSoldier #1 with 3 pairs used (guys thats lame)

My only beef with the batteries is that I played for 10+ hours with a set of batteries fresh out of the box and they only lost a single bar. Then about two to three hours later they started to crap out.

No big deal, I will wait until the holiday gift cards start rolling in and pick up the recharger unit where you don't have to take out the batteries.

I'm still on my first pair of batteries. I played about 2-3 hours a day the first week, and now about an hour a day with either Zelda: TP or Wii Sports: Bowling.

How often / how long are you guys playing daily?

Back