Mac vs. PC

Mac or PC?

• Other (linux or something...really outdated; no-Windows)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Capt Elmer said:
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060513

yah that pretty much sums up this argument. The magazine "Maximum PC" within the last year did a test between a OSx and Windows XP on the same hardware. Guess what. Windows was in most cases 20% faster than OSx. Suck it Mac users.
Well, what do you expect from a magazine named "Maximum PC?" If it were "Maximum Mac" guess what, the Mac would probably be, you guessed it, 20% faster. Pff.

i had a mac since i grew up..and got an imac in 2001 for my b-day then got an emac later. 2004..soon im getting a 17inch macbook pro for second semester grade 11

tank said:
Too bad my MacbookPro running boot camp runs HalfLife2/Counter Strike Source and Guild Wars better than my desktop PC. Even if it is running on Windows OS, its all the Mac hardware.

Macs got game now, live with it. And if that's the only argument you can bring to thread like this then don't waste your time.
theres no piont in having a mac if you arnet running osx 10

edit: i just got my mac and it's waybetter then any pc i've ever tried

ganton said:
theres no point in having a mac if you aren't running osx 10

edit: i just got my mac and it's way better then any pc I've ever tried

Right.... you know what Bootcamp is right? you partition your HD and you install windows on it. If ever you want to run windows you just restart your mac and hold the alt/option key. you will be presented with both volumes, and you choose to boot up into Windows. I still run OSX, but if I want to play games I can just boot up into Windows.

P.S. I fixed your spelling when I quoted you. And "OSX 10" is redundant, think about it.

P.P.S That Google thing had Mac winning for me. So far none of your stupid links have been proving any point for you.

All you PC Fanboys out there (obviously there's quite a few) here's something for you to chew on:

Ask ANY Mac user if they like their Mac and then ask how many, if any problems they've ever encountered via hardware or software.

Ask that same exact question to a PC user and gauge the responses.

Start chewing.

Last edited:
Ok no offense to window lover but you can get windows on mac soo whats the point of getting a PC ONLY computer when you can get both on a better looking computer!

I freaking hate macs... I think it's a really bad OS, especially for gaming. Macs are definitely not a gaming OS, an Apple machine though, are getting closer to what PCs are capable of but not entirely there. The only good thing about Mac machines is that you can install XP onto them :)

COLDshiver said:
I freaking hate macs... I think it's a really bad OS, especially for gaming. Macs are definitely not a gaming OS, an Apple machine though, are getting closer to what PCs are capable of but not entirely there. The only good thing about Mac machines is that you can install XP onto them :)
The OS is amazing, you don't know what your talking about, of course it doesn't play games, who makes games for an OS where there are very little gamers on it, compared to the amount on another OS. for christs sake, apple computers are virtualy the same as PC's now, so they can actually do the same thing as them!

COLDshiver said:

There's blood dripping from my ears. I think I just had an aneurysm.

Getting closer to what PCs are capable of?....CLOSER?!?!?! You really need to expand your mind outside of the gaming world. Being a gaming forum, it's be be expected that there are gonna be the kind of people who just go [caveman]"No game on mac? MAC BAAAAAAAAD!!!!blarghgwahfishsandwichcaveman" [/caveman]
but still if you people really don't know what you're talking about then just don't bother. Macs do just as much if not more as PCs. Where OSX lacks in gaming capability it MORE than makes up for it in......

1. Ease of use
2. proficiency
3. Amazing apps
4. Digital media management (Windows media player and suck my left nut)
5. Web browsing (and I.E. the right)
6. SECURITY (I can't stress this enough)
7. Good architectural design on the hardware (far superior architectural integrity than most PC hardware )
8. distributive computing research (i.e. Rosetta@home and Seti@home)
9. and a sweet ass style that most PC users try to emulate with Ram hogging apps like Windows blinds.

So yeah, pull your head out of your Radion6500000000000's ass and realize there is WAY more to computing than games

Your rebuttal?

Back