Mac vs. PC

Mac or PC?

• Other (linux or something...really outdated; no-Windows)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Master Wii said:
This is actually completely false. It's not a matter of opinion. Macs are extremely easy to use. People who argue PC's are better are infact Fanboys that truely have not spent any real time on a Mac.
It's funny that I had earlier argued that it's only an opinion. I'm sort of well, taking back what I said a bit. I do believe someone that is not familiar with either system would gravitate towards the mac because of it doesn't require half as much setting up as a windowz pc would. For example, I was in a class to become a certified computer technician (it's a class available for highschoolers at our local career center) which involved knowing hardware specs and problems with different devices and parts of computers and of course, the software side which we were told would cover both windoz and linux (they lied about linux; we never had a linux unit). Anyway, I remember when I bought and brought in my Apple PowerBook G4 into class and of course, the windowz fanboys poked fun at it at first, but then one of them had his own laptop, which he attempted to connect to the internet as well as the network printer. He failed at both, while all I had to do was plug in the ethernet cable and BAM, I was online and printing immediately. It's my opinion that people who hate macs just don't adapt well to new things. They're usually unorganized and don't realize they are. Again, just my opinion.:D

Master Wii said:
Riiiiiight ... yea those cards completely suck :shocked:

The 1900 512MB Card is one of the best cards ATI ever produced, and ATI > NVIDIA.

This is actually completely false. It's not a matter of opinion. Macs are extremely easy to use. People who argue PC's are better are infact Fanboys that truely have not spent any real time on a Mac.

sorry rather have nvidia cards than ati in bench marks nvidia seems to pull alway from ati almost all the time

Last edited:
Its really what you grew up with. I recieved my first PC in the christmas of 1997 and really never messed with Macs. But if instead of a PC i recieved a Mac, i would probably be typing this out on a Mac.

last year 06 ive read in a linux book that 90% of the pc market is windows and the other 10 is between mac os and linux .. yes its wat you started off with is wat your ganna prabably be getting again becuase of the familiarity of the os ... like said macs and pcs are both great but for gaming stick with pc as a price for a decent card on a mac you can get 2 cards for a pc for that one card price for the mac .. can you say sli

Timo said:
Don't act like such a jerk. At work, our modeling software is written for a Windows operating system. These programs are developed exclusively for our workgroup, and everyone uses PCs. I know nothing about this new generation of intel macs, but I do know that IT would frown upon anyone who tried to bring in a Mac for networked use. (Regardless of whatever compelling arguments you may provide.)

I live in the real world, and I don't need to know anything about computers to know that I would be wasting my money on a Mac if I wanted to use it for work.
I have a good argument for them: Macs will run windows just like a PC. In fact the hardware is absolutely identical to some dell computers. It's not pretending to be a pc it is a PC, it can just run Mac too (and mac is waaaaaay better)

registerednerd said:
I have a good argument for them: Macs will run windows just like a PC. In fact the hardware is absolutely identical to some dell computers. It's not pretending to be a pc it is a PC, it can just run Mac too (and mac is waaaaaay better)

So bascially what youre saying is that a Mac is a game-retarded PC? Interesting..

Redan499 said:

Too bad my MacbookPro running boot camp runs HalfLife2/Counter Strike Source and Guild Wars better than my desktop PC. Even if it is running on Windows OS, its all the Mac hardware.

Macs got game now, live with it. And if that's the only argument you can bring to thread like this then don't waste your time.

nizmoboy98 said:
sorry rather have nvidia cards than ati in bench marks nvidia seems to pull alway from ati almost all the time

benchmarking really doesn't make much difference

there's hardly a noticible if any noticible difference in game play, when comparing ati vs nvidia cards in the same category, it's all about internal numbers and that really doesn't mean jack

in comparison of the two, a good analogy would be

If NVIDIA and ATI were both computer companies, NVIDIA would = Microsoft and ATI would = Apple

ATI cards are way more reliable and stable than NVIDIA junk.

I know NateTheGreat would post :)
I like PC (windows) because that is what I write computer games on

Last edited:
coolsmile said:
I know NateTheGreat would post :)
I like PC (windows) because that is what I write computer games on
Ha, yeah right.:lol: If I had a MacBook Pro, I'd be able to code on a Mac as well in C++, but if python turns out to be good, I can use it on my PowerBook as there's a Mac (and Linux) version.

Capt Elmer said:
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060513

yah that pretty much sums up this argument. The magazine "Maximum PC" within the last year did a test between a OSx and Windows XP on the same hardware. Guess what. Windows was in most cases 20% faster than OSx. Suck it Mac users.
:eek: windows is faster... eek, that automaticly means it's better... i have to say, i have a PC and a Mac, pc with better specd CPU, and everything else is the same, i did a fresh install of Windows when i got my mac, and then tested the boot up speeds, OS X easily beat XP by well over a min.

Back