Madworld Discussion

I strongly recommend that you guys stop hyping up Madworld for yourselves because you'll just end up being dissappointed just like Red Steel. Red Steel was a pretty good game but it was too hyped up so people was very dissappointed with it. Looking at all the previews on the game will also take away all the surprises and fun out of the game, once you actually play it.

Yea but we like to have games to look forward too, whats wrong with that?

Im glad to have some Wii games to get all jacked up about. Its been a dry spell of late so forgive us if we get a little excited.

Yea but we like to have games to look forward too, whats wrong with that?

Im glad to have some Wii games to get all jacked up about. Its been a dry spell of late so forgive us if we get a little excited.

Do you know the main reason why History is being taught at schools? Take a guess.......... One of the main reasons is to make sure that mistakes from the past doesn't happen again and again. I was very happy w/ Red Steel but some people weren't because they hyped it all up TOO MUCH. It's a good thing to be excited about a game but don't over do it to a point where it'll take the fun out of it when you actually play it. I'm just telling you from experience because I've been a Wii owner since day 1.

You can hype it up all you want, it really doesn't matter to me, just make sure that you don't post all these "I'm so dissappointed at Madworld" posts around here after you've played it.

Last edited:
Do you know the main reason why History is being taught at schools? Take a guess.......... One of the main reasons is to make sure that mistakes from the past doesn't happen again and again. I was very happy w/ Red Steel but some people weren't because they hyped it all up TOO MUCH. It's a good thing to be excited about a game but don't over do it to a point where it'll take the fun out of it when you actually play it. I'm just telling you from experience because I've been a Wii owner since day 1.

You can hype it up all you want, it really doesn't matter to me, just make sure that you don't post all these "I'm so dissappointed at Madworld" posts around here after you've played it.

Madworld is ganna be better that 10 Superbowls! JK..=0)

Nah i hear what your saying. There is nothing your ganna tell me about video games that i dont know. I can talk from experiance because i have been a gamer since the NES.

And all anyone is saying really is there excited about MW. No big deal.

If its a let down then so be it.

hmmm... Did IGN declare Reed Steel to be Game of the Year material? :nonod:

hmmm... Did IGN declare Reed Steel to be Game of the Year material? :nonod:

I'm not sure what you're getting at but Red Steel can't be mentioned Game of the Year by anyone because it was released simultaneously w/ Zelda. If a new Zelda was being released some time around Madworld or this year, do you think IGN would even mention 'game of the year' around Madworld. IGN is getting paid to advertise(hype up) Madworld. If they're not getting paid by Sega then they may be hyping it up to enhance traffic through their website. I believe and hope that it's a great game but after reading previous hype up articles for different games, it's just going to be a good game. Also, games are like movies. There's no point in watching ALL the previews that shows ALL the best parts because after watching the actual movie, when the credits roll, you'll most likely say "That's it?".

Last edited:
I hope the game is at least decently long (20+ hours), replayable, and most of all I hope it has difficulty settings. From the videos I've seen so far it's just "Kill everyone in so many ways!" Well, what about me? I want to be able to die in several ways. Would RE4 have been fun at all if it were stuck on some sort of easy mode?

I'm not sure what you're getting at but Red Steel can't be mentioned Game of the Year by anyone because it was released simultaneously w/ Zelda. If a new Zelda was being released some time around Madworld or this year, do you think IGN would even mention 'game of the year' around Madworld. IGN is getting paid to advertise(hype up) Madworld. If they're not getting paid by Sega then they may be hyping it up to enhance traffic through their website. I believe and hope that it's a great game but after reading previous hype up articles for different games, it's just going to be a good game. Also, games are like movies. There's no point in watching ALL the previews that shows ALL the best parts because after watching the actual movie, when the credits roll, you'll most likely say "That's it?".
My point was no, no they did not. IGN did however say Madworld was, and they are hard on Wii games. When they pick this over most PS3 and 360 games its going to be good. Plain and simple.

I hope the game is at least decently long (20+ hours), replayable, and most of all I hope it has difficulty settings. From the videos I've seen so far it's just "Kill everyone in so many ways!" Well, what about me? I want to be able to die in several ways. Would RE4 have been fun at all if it were stuck on some sort of easy mode?

In the last IGN podcast, Matt (I believe) said that the difficulty was there. The videos are intended to show Jack beating the crap out of everyone both to show off the kills and to make the IGN guys look good.

It is supposed to be quite a challenging game. The videos that have been shown have been quite selective, on IGN they said they picked ones that made them look good because they didn't want to use ones where they were getting their butts kicked.

Previews often hype up a game and then it gets an average review. This wont happen with Madworld though because reviewers are still hyped about it outside of their official previews, it's clear to hear their excitement on IGN's podcast. They never do a whole months coverage on a game that wont deliver either.

Basically Madworld is going to kick serious butt this year and will be a must have game.

i know some of you on this thread say watching the previews of the game will Spoil the game once you play it. but i think watching the preview makes me want to buy it even MORE.

raisinghelen... im with you HAVE TO SUPPORT

Last edited:
Back