Manhunt 2 game impressions

johnnychimpo

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2007
Just got this game a few hours ago. It really feels like the GTA series in the motion and movement of your character.

Im not too far into the game to give a full review but anyone out there that has could chime in and help the thread out and give further impressions.

The news and media have over hyped this game to be extremely violent. I dont feel its that bad actually.

johnnychimpo said:
The news and media have over hyped this game to be extremely violent. I dont feel its that bad actually.
Keep in mind you are playing a watered-down version, and the news reports was simply cashing in on the hype that this game received an AO rating for it's initial intended released copy.

wikipedia.org said:
On 11 September 2007, IGN released a comparison between the Adults Only-rated version of Manhunt 2 and the censored, M-rated version on the Wii.[29] Although most content has remained unchanged, a nasty murder sequence in which the player castrates an enemy with pliers (similar to the one shown uncensored in Hostel: Part II, which got a 'R' rating by the MPAA) has been removed, and major death strikes have had blur effects, hue filters and darkening applied to obscure the animation.
[Source]

I have also read that one of hte main reasons why ESRB was being so strict on this game was the simple fact that killing simulated people was the primary objective in this game, unlike other games where murder may be required however the primary objective is not. Therefore this game had to be watered down in order to pass the required ESRB due to a higher standard bestowed upon the murder objective of this game.

Those who are wanting a copy of an "uncensored" version and wait out the PC release of this game, or attempt to import the Dutch version, and in regards to the PC version is of course if it is eventually offered. My guess it will be especially now that Rockstar will probably want to cash in on the money it spent on the original version once the console sales subside.

I Think The Manhunt Games Are Too Violent:yesnod: If Its Uncensored Though It Wont Be As Bad But I Cant Get It Where I Live Coz The UK Version Was Banned Altogether. Im Not Too Bothered Though.

Hang on...the Dutch version never got censored? Are they PAL or NTSC?
And evem if it IS PAL will it work on an Aussie Wii?

Deanis said:
Hang on...the Dutch version never got censored?
Sorry, I should have said if...
wikipedia.org said:
It has also been announced that Manhunt 2 can be released in uncut form in the Netherlands, despite a request by the Dutch parliament for the Ministry of Justice to intervene, as no legal mechanism is in place to ban its sale.[30] This does not mean that the game will in fact see an unedited release in the Netherlands or any other territory with similarly open legal policies, however.
[Source]
Not sure how legitimate this information is however, as the "law" that prevented this game from being released in the States was Nintendo's and Sony's licensing of it's consoles. These system providers do not permit adult rated content on there machines.

The Netherlands obviously do not share the same policies and laws that apply to copyrights, patents, and royalties as it does in the U.S. and I am unfamiliar with the Netherlands laws. Rockstar could still release it (I'm guessing) uncensored in the Netherlands however I am sure Nintendo and Sony will not endorse it, and would sour relations of game sales elsewhere in the world.

I am guessing on this subject simply because I will not pretend to know Netherland's laws and I only know Nintendo/Sony's licensing vaguely. However I will correct myself and say it more clearly that I suspect we will see Manhunt 2 released on the PC uncensored, and maybe even a importable Dutch version as well. :)

Deanis said:
Are they PAL or NTSC?
And evem if it IS PAL will it work on an Aussie Wii?
They are PAL I believe, however Europe and Austrailia do not share the same regional code if I remember correctly. :)

I bought the game the other day, and feel very disappointed. I never played the first Manhunt, so I wasn't sure what it was all about to begin with, but I am quite let down. I guess I was just deceived by the massive amount of hype this game got. I'm still fairly early in the game, so I'm hoping things will eventually pick up a little. The graphics are also pretty lame when compared to games like Resident Evil 4 and the Metroid Prime series.

I feel like such a sucker... why oh why have I not learned to rent before I buy :mad2:

Back