Manhunt 2

MasterJedi2U said:
Lol the guy can say all he wants to but his argument made so sense so I called him out on it. The Wii is not marketed to a specific set of people. Its for everybody. And that includes "hardcore" gamers. I don't see any reason why this game can't be a part of the Wii lineupt.

From a complete third person perspective, I would have to say that Jowie makes a lot more sense than you. No offense to you or anything, just an opinion..

I think you guys bring up a really good point about the term "hardcore gamer"

What defines hardcore? I would say that along with the story depth that you were talking about, its almost an emotional depth thats a requirement for me. Under that definition, Manhunt, while having a less than compelling story, has a hardcore gamer appeal due to the range of emotions you feel as you sneak up behind an unsuspecting thug ready to gouge out his eye with a glass shard and subsequently step on his face. In this regard, its the ultra violent way that you go about it that provides that depth. That gruesome, gruesome depth.

I suppose it means something different to everyone.

P.S. Thanks to DeathMetalMaster for the backup.

Last edited:
I define hardcore through someone's dedication to their games. Remembering their favourite games and their favourite particular set-pieces - as opposed to playing very few games or playing lots but skipping all the cutscenes or not completing it etc.

i've always wanted to play the original but don't own a playstation so never got to. it's a good rental at the very least.

jowii i agree with you and E7ernal i agree with you too. i think if you actually feel like you are in the game and let hte game effect you emotionally then you are a hardcore gamer and i really agree with you E7ernal i play through great games more than once finding every little thing i can find i never skip a cut scene i can quote most of my great games. and after i get really good at one i start doing speed runs but with out skipping cut scenes cause that is part of the game and should be part of the run. but i think a hard core gamer i a person that is emersed ( sorry i know that is spelled wrong ) in videogames he or she gets every dollar they pay for their games out of them and they dont leave a good game unfinished.

Back