Manhunt 2

Wii_Rulez

Waluigi The Great
Jun 12, 2006
SC
Wii Online Code
3498-5538-0554-5440
Rockstar Games has announced that Manhunt 2 will be coming to Wii.
With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward,” said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games. “We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds.”
Source

That game is sick (in two ways). I'm really looking forward to this... though PS2 and Wii seem strange choices.

I heard Manhunt 1 wasnt that good, but to be honest i never played it so it could be good. Anway I will definately check this one out.

Manhunt 2 - Why Wii?

So as many of you know Manhunt 2 was recently announced to be released on the Wii this summer, along with versions for the PS2 and the PSP. Rather than pose this question on threads that are mainly filled with people talking about how "awesome Manhunt 1 was" I wanted to start a discussion specifically about Rockstars decision to market this game on the Wii.

Manhunt had to be the most gruesome and disturbingly violent game I have ever seen, and is obviously geared towards adult gamers (the trailer on IGN even has an age restriction). What makes Rockstar think it will succeed on a system that is mainly marketed towards the non-hardcore crowd and those who have never played video games before?

Of course, this could signal the start of a line of games to attract the hardcore gamers to the Wii, but I have a feeling that its gonna look pretty ridiculous on the shelf at EB sandwiched between Cooking Mama and Mario Party 8.

Thoughts?

I personally think that the wii should have a broad range of games. The possibilities of the wii controls shouldnt be limited to games that are safe for everyone to play. I say the more games the better.

this could mean a chance for some sort of GTA game to be released. its a nice dream, hopefully it comes true though.

how is it gonna look ridiclous. It didn't look to ridiclous on ps2 with the original switched between klonoa 2 ,and sly cooper now did it. I'm glad nintendo is broadening their game selection. i prefer to play games on a nintendo console when i can ( i guess its because i grew up with nintendo).

Also, its not going to look so ridiclous when Wii has plenty of mature games ,or more mature like games coming to it (or already released) for example

Splinter Cell Double Agent
Red Steel
Far Cry Vengance
Disaster Day of Crisis
Resident Evil UC
Metroid Prime 3
Call of Duty 3
Godfather Black Hand Edition
Driver: PL
Scarface
Medal of Honor Vanguard
Blazing Angels
Brothers in Arms

Therefore it wouldn't look so out of place. This just shows the great wall between nintendo ,and mature game publishers are finally starting to come down.

dude i think this is awesome, all the developers are starting to release tons of games and now woth manhunt like the most goriest game ever madeit shows that they are gonna release some more mature games. ever though there alreaady is quite a bit

The Wii needs a diverse range of games. Admittedly I never liked Manhunt much (I didn't like the gameplay and controls), but I would hate to see the sequel excluded from the Wii just for its violent content.

Remember: if you don't like violent games, just don't buy them!

Napalmbrain said:
The Wii needs a diverse range of games. Admittedly I never liked Manhunt much (I didn't like the gameplay and controls), but I would hate to see the sequel excluded from the Wii just for its violent content.

Remember: if you don't like violent games, just don't buy them!

Totally agree.

Yes this is good news, hopefully this game will be good and sell well then we can look forward to other rockstar games on the wii

well there have been sold more than 4 million Wiis, and not all are owned by kids

games are easier to produce for the wii and cheaper

so y not make games for the wii?

its just a logical assumption: he who sells, will get support

Back