Mario Kart got no snaking? :O

JAKE196

Cogito Ergo Sum
Sep 21, 2007
Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
http://wii.ign.com/articles/858/858754p1.html

"Snaking is out – a good thing, in my opinion -- but you will still gain boosts from power-sliding and the longer you hold your drift, the greater your boost will be. Boost power is also affected by the cars you choose prior to the races. One thing I've noticed, though, is that regardless of my vehicle or how long I hold a drift, the end boost is usually pretty insignificant – it's not like you get this sudden speed burst that really propels you forward; rather, your car more or less farts and by the time you even notice you've gained some speed, it's over. It's just not very pronounced and as a result it's not as satisfying. Yet, there's definitely some strategy to using the slides, as has always been the case. If you time them well, you can drift around corners without losing speed and when you're good enough, you'll be able to drift around a right curve and readjust for a left one without losing much momentum. That stuff is still really fun."

- Matt Casamassina

If this is true I will be overjoyed when this game comes out.

If it has been confirmed there is no snaking then i'm sorry been living under a rock and if this has been posted b4 I'm also sorry.

Of course it might be just a mistake but w/e delete this post if any of the above are true, mods.

Snaking adds another level to the game.

The only ones who complain about it are the ones who are to rubbish to be able to do it.

FRuMMaGe said:
Snaking adds another level to the game.

The only ones who complain about it are the ones who are to rubbish to be able to do it.
bullshit I don't like it because it cramps up my hands. :cryin:

I was quite good at it back in the day though on MKDS but my wrists hurt if i played more than like 20 mins. . .

true story i swears.

Snaking just is a technique in wich if your good at it your going to win most of the time. People can try to do it. Though I'm glad it's not in it cuz it does make it harder for all the non snakers.

CaKe EaTer said:
Snaking just is a technique in wich if your good at it your going to win most of the time. People can try to do it. Though I'm glad it's not in it cuz it does make it harder for all the non snakers.
yeah 4 cereal if u were new in MKDS and you didn't know how to snake you were screwed. that was one of the many drawbacks of the online.The online was fun for a while though.

im half and half on the whole snaking situation. mkds was revolutionary, if you're good, youre good. but i feel bad for the people who can't snake, therefore, usually gets lost in the other players dust tracks who snakes the whole race. so, it'll put everyone on a level playing field. should be interesting to see how this turns out.

Snaking is back...I read it somewhere which I think is stupid...I like racing...not boosting.

This is why I like sims...Where your own mistakes make you lose, not your freakish ability to move your thumb causes you to win.

I broke my thumbs =( I hate snakers. Stupid girlfriend...*incoherent gibberish*

Brawny said:
This is why I like sims...Where your own mistakes make you lose, not your freakish ability to move your thumb causes you to win.

I broke my thumbs =( I hate snakers. Stupid girlfriend...*incoherent gibberish*
She is great at it. Our match was probably the best I have had.

snaking is what i call "official cheating". seriously exploiting a game mechanic to the point of putting others at a nearly hopeless disadvantage.

i remember the first time i saw snaking, the guy was starting his second lap before i was even halfway done with my first. i learned how to snake and could do it good and everything, but it's still just not fair. it's a good idea to get rid of it so that people can win on driving skill/luck and not stupid exploits.

just like when you play fighting games online, it's better to lose to someone who can actually fight better than you, instead of some moronic "cheater" who constantly does the same move/throw/sweep over and over and over and over not ever allowing you to even get up and fight back, all because it works and simply because they can.

Sterculius said:
snaking is what i call "official cheating". seriously exploiting a game mechanic to the point of putting others at a nearly hopeless disadvantage.

i remember the first time i saw snaking, the guy was starting his second lap before i was even halfway done with my first. i learned how to snake and could do it good and everything, but it's still just not fair. it's a good idea to get rid of it so that people can win on driving skill/luck and not stupid exploits.

just like when play fighting games is better to lose to someone who can actually fight better than you, instead of some moronic "cheater" who constantly does the same move/throw/sweep over and over and over and over not ever allowing you to even get up and fight back, all because it works and simply because they can.
Snaking was put in deliberately. It was in Mario Kart DD and started in F-Zero

I'm not crazy against snaking but i'd prefer it if it wasn't in MK. Another thing mentioned in the ign article is that the items can be a huge advantage or disadvantage depending on your luck, it's not good for online games to involve a lot of luck imo, but i guess thats just how MK is.

Frogger said:
I think my soul just left my body.

There's mixed sources everywhere...people say there is...people say there isn't.

If finally we have a final answer...Emma better learn to race.

Back