mario kart wii: cheap moves?

dodabird

dodabird
Sep 14, 2006
Guam
so we've all heard the complaints about "cheap moves" in msc. while the debate still rages on concerning whether or not these moves are "glitches" or fully intentional, it's prompted me to ask an interesting question: with mario kart wii slated to fully utilize the online gaming features of the wii, what types of "cheap moves" do you think gamers will come up with? it's hard to think of cheap moves in a racing game (i'm not sure if you wanna consider running someone off the road "cheap"), but with the imagination of today's gamers, i'm sure there will be one or two that people complain about. what are your thoughts? what do you think will be considered "cheap" in a game that deliberately gives you weapons to destroy the other racers?

dodabird said:
so we've all heard the complaints about "cheap moves" in msc. while the debate still rages on concerning whether or not these moves are "glitches" or fully intentional, it's prompted me to ask an interesting question: with mario kart wii slated to fully utilize the online gaming features of the wii, what types of "cheap moves" do you think gamers will come up with? it's hard to think of cheap moves in a racing game (i'm not sure if you wanna consider running someone off the road "cheap"), but with the imagination of today's gamers, i'm sure there will be one or two that people complain about. what are your thoughts? what do you think will be considered "cheap" in a game that deliberately gives you weapons to destroy the other racers?
a game is a game who gives a stuff if u lose

wow...that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic. but sure...a game IS a game, and it's meant to be lost (and won). :)

Well, I guess it comes down to your definition of cheap, but it'll be the same moves you've seen in all the other incarnations of mario kart, I'm sure. Brutal short cuts, getting that red/blue shell to the arse when you're only seconds away from taking first place, tailgating some one just to end up getting slapped with a bananna. I don't consider any of those "cheap" though... don't really consider anything in MSC cheap either for what it's worth.

The only "cheap" thing in strikers is the Hammer. Its ok if you use it once or twice, but some people use it 10 times in a row. It gets annoying and yes, cheap.

But if you can deal with it, maybe your not so good? You cant really spam anything in Mario Kart though.

personally, i think mario kart is designed for cheap shots! As long as it isn't a glitch then I dont mind.

I think that one of the cheap moves will probably be 2 friends 1 tries to win the race , the oder goes the back way and bombs the other players.
But even tho this game is gona RULE:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

This game will include the same things that everyone before had. I don't think there will be too many things that could really disrupt game play. And as far as Mario Kart goes, running people of the road isn't very easy to do.

Warrior said:
The only "cheap" thing in strikers is the Hammer. Its ok if you use it once or twice, but some people use it 10 times in a row. It gets annoying and yes, cheap.

But if you can deal with it, maybe your not so good? You cant really spam anything in Mario Kart though.

are you kidding me? that's not cheap....just annoying, you can easily tackle them

what is cheap is when toad, boo, waluigi etc. use their doge to just appear in the net with the ball, hence a goal

but mario kart is all about the cheapness, (blue shell)....so i don't think there would be any specific cheap moves

I remember the snaking deal with MK:DS. snaking was cheap, if you asked me, cause it didn't require much skill to do. But yeah man. MK is all about the Blue Shell just as your about to cross the finish line......ouch.

but my suggestion is, if you find something you don't like about MKWii when it comes out, just [sarcastic]send a bitchy letter to Nintendo.... I'm sure they care[/sarcastic]

Snaking. Best thing since sliced bread. Ever.

People find ways to complain about everything, they even thought snaking was a glitch in Mario Kart DS and it was unsportsman like to pull off such a cheap trick. I tell you, I'd never race without snaking, it looks like it is going to be reintroduced, and I can't blame Nintendo, it's added so many more elements to the game.

You may call it cheap but obviously, if we were racing normally the fastest kart would have won; boooriiing. With snaking it can all change if you miss out a turbo, plus, it seperates the good players from the recent newb players.

I have seen glitches though, that killed my spirit for me and the game, I don't know how they'd exploit the system. Also, Action Replay can go straight to hell.

I don't think the blue shells should have been avoidable though...

reading this thread just got me excited again about mario kart...my friends and i still play this game on gc like it was just released and of course we'll become pros at the new one....

Back