Mario Kart Wii

Brownies said:
i dont get it u cant play online if there is already 12 ppl around the world playing lol?

it will probably be like a game room thing. you wait til you get 12 people in a room click start and then you have 12 people in a race.

Brownies said:
i dont get it u cant play online if there is already 12 ppl around the world playing lol?

... Yes, that's right. Unfortunately Nintendo online play is rather limited so only 12 people in the world can play at a time.

So you think it is gonna be possible to have 4 people playing on wii-remote/wheel, while 4 other people are plugged with game cube controllers to have 8 people playing at once in the same room ?

M-Krizzle said:
Definetely going 2 get this game on reserve along with MP3, Mario Galaxy, and SSBB. Sigh, the anticipation is killing me.

IT'S KILLING YOU? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. I've went almost psychotic.

I thought there'd be a possibility to race 8 people on wifi for the DS, alas, only four.

M-Krizzle said:
Definetely going 2 get this game on reserve along with MP3, Mario Galaxy, and SSBB. Sigh, the anticipation is killing me.

Lol I know, the anticipation is killing me too. Theres so many great games coming out within a year. Nov. 12, Dec. 3, and Q1 2008 can't come soon enough.

Sillyhat said:
At the press conference and the one shot you can see twelve racers. Heres a screenshot I took of the press conference stream and you can count 12 people, look real hard and you can see all 12:

MarioKart12.gif

This month's Official Nintendo Magazine states:

Did we also mention online battles cater for up to 16 players?

Ok, it says battles, but I'm pretty confident that number will extend to standard races as well.

CyanRussel said:
Trust me, On Mario Kart 64...you'd go way faster than you did on Double Dash:yesnod:

Way to bring back a seemingly dead thread. :D Well I hope it turns out to be as well designed as advertised.

Stalky said:
Ok, it says battles, but I'm pretty confident that number will extend to standard races as well.
I wouldn't be too bothered if the races only allowed 12 player online, 12 is enough for a standard race in my opinion (obviously 16 would be nice but it's not that important). But 16 player online battles! F*CK! That will be absolutely amazing! Just think how big the arena will be...I cannot WAIT for this game.

EDIT: http://www.vooks.net/modules.php?module=article&id=12200 Oh well :(

Last edited:
Back