Mario Kart Wii

Just speculating, but what if Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart on the DS shared alot of the same tracks and you could play against each other online? That would be sweet, to compete online on the DS or the Wii against other racers on a DS or Wii. This is very unlikely, but it might happen. I think it would be kinda cool, although there are 100s of factors saying it would never happen.

looks awesome, cant wait till they anounce how many people can play online

I guess that seems like there's not going to be snaking in online play. Am I the only one who is actually going to miss snaking? I don't like the fact that noobs may stand a chance over Mario Kart veterans, I want the thrill of my snaking back, just, y'know, spare the arthritis.

You know what Cyan, who is going to listen to you? The Mario Kart series has lasted long, very long, for many reasons, it's always been successful and offers a wider range, 1 person in a kart, maybe that would have been considered unoriginal. At least it gave my 4 year old cousin a chance to play throwing items and actually thinking he was driving, thinking that he was good at the game, it quietens the kids down. It didn't make them slower either, do you think there's actually physics in a videogame? Oh, there's two racers, the weight of those polygons are going to cause friction and make the kart slower. No. The creators obviously chose that speed, Toad and Toadette are much faster racers because of their "weight" go for them.

I loooove Mario Kart (as those of you know who have raced me on the DS) and always wait for it. I like the fact that it's kart racing and doesn't simulate "real" driving that makes you go "AAAHHH CORNER, CORNERRR" whilst the computer drivers race past you with ease. I like that it is what it is supposed to be, it's friendly to use.

CyanRussel said:
Say did you notice (this is great, only one person in a kart) that mario kart wii finally came back to one person per on wii, i hated the 2 ppl in a kart...........in Double Dash, it made the kart go slow and stuff!
Im just glad they brought mario kart which is supposed to be one person in kart, not 2 ppl in a kart!

2 people was a crappy gimmick, stick to the n64 formula GC screwed a lot of series down the crapper('cept I liked SF Assault). Although it didn't affect the speed. :wtf:

Stop with the n00b favour Nintendo! :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

I LOVED the 2 player carts. You could hold more items and play a bit more tactical with them.

I cant wait for this game ! Online mode !!! One other thing im really happy about is the more control styles. You dont have to use that crazy ass steering wheel. Im not looking forward to that! Just give me a classic controller or gamecube controller to play online with ;)

Mario kart is going to be awesome but in the video it showed tracks from older games. It would be cool if all those tracks and new ones are in it.

i cant wait for mario kart!
Been a fan since mario kart 64
I think the online multiplayer feature will be the best part of the game.
its gonna be hard though getting used to playing it with the wiimote cause im used to the analog stick.

som1 said:
looks awesome, cant wait till they anounce how many people can play online

i guess it'll be eight because grand prix can have a max of eight people. but they'll probably be like different online rooms or whatever.

Last edited:
online battles will be awesome.
its still along way away though and itl probably get pushed back so this time next year it should be out.

It looks God like
The graphics rule
and the karts look amazing
I also really like the way it comes with a steering wheel

Has anyone seen a UK release date ? I love'd this game on the snes. It was the only game i went back to again and again after winning everything.

And i was damn good at it too :) Can't wait to try it online.

Back