MarioKart 64 next week!

if u mean the aussie version of MK64 release date, its out now, i just checked when i got back from my brothers.

As far as the Classic Controller... I love it on SNES games. I always loved that controller and that's what the CC is closest to. I originally played Super Mario 64 with it but when I first used the wavebird to play it, it was much better. So I'm planning on using GC controllers for N64 games like Mario Kart but I'll stick with the CC for SNES and Sega and the remote works for TG16 and NES. I guess if any N64 games that use the directional pad more than the analog stick are put up, I'd use the CC for those, too.

Just so everyone is aware as far as MK64 goes,
"Unfortunately, for technical reasons, it will be impossible to save ""ghost data"" (replay data of your best times in Time Attack mode) in this version. We apologise for the inconvenience."
A tad disappointing - maybe they will fix in in a future version. Will it be free for those who have already downloaded?

gamechaser001 said:
What's wrong with the wavebird wireless gamecube controller? I got mine when purchasing my first GC game and I have no complaint, and I bought mine used
Nothing wrong with the wavebird...all my controllers are wired though and I've got a bit of distance between the screen and couch. So I'm lazy...sue me. lol

cods69 said:
Just so everyone is aware as far as MK64 goes,
"Unfortunately, for technical reasons, it will be impossible to save ""ghost data"" (replay data of your best times in Time Attack mode) in this version. We apologise for the inconvenience."
A tad disappointing - maybe they will fix in in a future version. Will it be free for those who have already downloaded?

Oh gosh, that is kind of disappointing, but it makes sense I guess. I remember those ghost saves used to take up a whole n64 memory card. I'm still downloading this though for the multi-player.

mongolloyd said:
The 64 version is light years better than the snes. I don't even think that this is an opinion, but fact. It's not even close. I tried playing it the other day and couldn't do it, knowing that I could be playing the 64 version instead. Why is the snes one better?

I personally dont think they ever got the handling right on any of the later Mario karts, it just doesnt feel like im in control of the kart half the time. That and I found a lot of the tracks quite boring on the N64 one.

I also think the SNES one was more rewarding when you got good at it. I pretty much won all the cups in the first day I had MK64 originally without really doing all that much good driving. Whereas it was incredibly difficult (near impossible) to win the star cup on 150cc unless you learnt how to corner properly in the original.

Whilst at uni we had a SNES and an N64 in the house with both versions of Mario Kart and the SNES one was pretty much always the one we played. Mainly because we all knew it was far more fun to play than the N64 one.

Saying that MK64 is a good game I just didnt find it anywhere near as playable or entertaining as the original. Now for a really outrageous claim as I actually enjoyed Diddy Kong racing far more than MK64 when I had my N64 :yikes: .

Edit - Wow that was a much longer reply than I was expecting to write :D.

MK64 was great for battle mode. Dont think we ever really raced much on it. Now double dash for GC is great when it comes to racing, but the battle modes arent that much fun.

Big_Mill said:
I personally dont think they ever got the handling right on any of the later Mario karts, it just doesnt feel like im in control of the kart half the time. That and I found a lot of the tracks quite boring on the N64 one.

I also think the SNES one was more rewarding when you got good at it. I pretty much won all the cups in the first day I had MK64 originally without really doing all that much good driving. Whereas it was incredibly difficult (near impossible) to win the star cup on 150cc unless you learnt how to corner properly in the original.

Whilst at uni we had a SNES and an N64 in the house with both versions of Mario Kart and the SNES one was pretty much always the one we played. Mainly because we all knew it was far more fun to play than the N64 one.

Saying that MK64 is a good game I just didnt find it anywhere near as playable or entertaining as the original. Now for a really outrageous claim as I actually enjoyed Diddy Kong racing far more than MK64 when I had my N64 :yikes: .

Edit - Wow that was a much longer reply than I was expecting to write :D.

Yeah I liked the SNES one more than n64 version for some reason too. The gamecube one is my favorite though. I think they got the racing part down in double dash, its some of the most fun I've ever had karting. I really loved Diddy Kong Racing too. Played it a lot more than mario kart 64.

Back