Mass Effect 2 to be exclusive for 'A short period of time'

It could be going to PC, just like Mass Effect 1 is.

Would seem stupid to have Mass Effect 2 come to PS3 when the PS3 doesn't even have the first one.

VidyaVince said:
It could be going to PC, just like Mass Effect 1 is.

Would seem stupid to have Mass Effect 2 come to PS3 when the PS3 doesn't even have the first one.

Gears of war 3 is coming to ps3

zeon9881 said:

Wow. That's uh...bad decision making.

I don't see how it's a good idea to release sequels to games on other consoles that don't even have the originals.

But anywho, it's just a prediction from an analyst, not word of mouth from anyone at Epic staff, so one should take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
VidyaVince said:
Wow. That's uh...bad decision making.

I don't see how it's a good idea to release sequels to games on other consoles that don't even have the originals.
look at my post again... and either way, its all about the money

I don't really care if it goes multi-platform, means it gives other gamers the chance to experience such an awesome game. I'm definitely psyched for the remaining 2 installments in the trilogy, and encourage any RPG fan to give the game a try.

zeon9881 said:
look at my post again... and either way, its all about the money

I see your point. But having played Mass Effect, that game is HEAVILY story-driven. If you play Mass Effect 2 without having played ME1 before, I'm certain that you wouldn't understand most of the things going on.

VidyaVince said:
I see your point. But having played Mass Effect, that game is HEAVILY story-driven. If you play Mass Effect 2 without having played ME1 before, I'm certain that you wouldn't understand most of the things going on.
what if mass effect has a different storyline?

your speaking to early

they could do what DMC did and add cinematic sumarizing mass effect

Jay61 said:
..Did you even read that link?

Thats nothing official, thats an analyst's opinion...

And I doubt Mass Effect will either, he was probably refering to the PC version that would come shortly after. In fact...the article doesnt have "PS3" anywhere...

I did, and the chances of it coming to ps3 and pc are the same right now,

zeon9881 said:
what if mass effect has a different storyline?

your speaking to early

they could do what DMC did and add cinematic sumarizing mass effect

Seeing how Mass Effect ended, or rather, how you chose for it to end, it won't be too far from the first storyline wise.

The main difference between DMC and ME is that DMC is an action game, while ME is an RPG. They'll probably end up doing that, though.

Yeah but EA themselves announced that they made this deal back when they had press release about the PC version - MS is publishing both 360 and PC versions exclusively for part 2 and 3...

So yes, they are 360/PC exclusive...

Jay61 said:
Yeah but EA themselves announced that they made this deal back when they had press release about the PC version - MS is publishing both 360 and PC versions exclusively for part 2 and 3...

So yes, they are 360/PC exclusive...

you do realise that that was awhile ago

and DEVs can always change their mind

frontlines went exclusive

DMC went multi

Darksector went from space to earth

call of duty series went modern (ok this isnt right cause they had different devs o and btw COD5 is going back to world war because the DEVS of 123 are making it....again)

Back