Mayweather vs. Hatton...who's watching it?

blueovalboy7 said:
You're biased, we're biased, so yea. Hatton was no match for Mayweather from what I saw. The ref most likely saved Hatton from serious injury.
Agreed on that!

But I just felt that up until Hatton was unfairly deducted a point, he was level with Mayweather, there wasn't much between them. But since he lost that point he became slightly desperate and had to force it, which left him open and eventually resulted in the KO. I'm not saying he would have went on to win if he wasn't penalised, he probably wouldn't of, but bad refereeing annoys me greatly, it happens every week in the Premiership (soccer, just in case anyone doesn't know), so it leaves some room for thought on what might have happened.

But besides the ref, both boxers fought very well, even if the ref wasn't allowing Hatton to fight in his usual style, but Mayweather came out on top!

yo if you was watching the fight from before it started it was hattens trainer that said watch mayweather on the inside and that he throws lowblows and does other things so, so it was hattens trainer that made him break them up all the time plus i don't know what fight you was watching because if you watch all the replays i did i had it dvr hatten wasnt hiting **** he got a couple every now and then, when you look when he would have him on the ropes he wasnt hitting body he was hitting mayweathers arms thus thats why mayweather was laughing at him the whole fight. but whats your excuse for him getting knocked silly into the ring post lol that **** right there was classic. then right before the second knock down you could see in the corner hattens trainer threw in the towl. so all that bull **** about he will keep fighing and the ref shouldnt have stopped it is bs they were going to throw in the towl any way. its ok yall got yall payback for booing the national anthem you got a royal american ass whoopin to go all the way back to the uk on.

You can even go to espn and other sports channels and they where talking about how mayweather was just picking him off with accurate shots, exp the pot shots he was giving him every time hatten would rush in. then you would just see hattens head snap back every time he hit him.

Hatten himself said that he whooped him and didnt complain about any ref activity he just took his ass whoopin like a man and said sorry to the uk fans and went on about his buisness. so why cant you just accept his ass whoopin like a man and quit making excuses he still got his ass knocked twice theres no excuse on that one. he was cut from the begining, look at mayweathers face nothing not a scratch not even swollen any where. When hatten had the chance to do something he was holding, and just throwing elbows no accurate punches he did exactly what mayweather said he was going to do come in like a street fight brawler and he got his ass out boxed.

Just because its a rivalry there is no excuse to disrespect that, we didnt boo your bullshit song, we sat there and listend to it, even though we don't have to because you are in our country, but you came all the way to our country and booed our national anthem and it serves you right he got his ass layed on the canvas hattens corner didnt have any thing to say after that one did they?

yungblood6 said:
yo if you was watching the fight from before it started it was hattens trainer that said watch mayweather on the inside and that he throws lowblows and does other things so, so it was hattens trainer that made him break them up all the time plus i don't know what fight you was watching because if you watch all the replays i did i had it dvr hatten wasnt hiting **** he got a couple every now and then, when you look when he would have him on the ropes he wasnt hitting body he was hitting mayweathers arms thus thats why mayweather was laughing at him the whole fight. but whats your excuse for him getting knocked silly into the ring post lol that **** right there was classic. then right before the second knock down you could see in the corner hattens trainer threw in the towl. so all that bull **** about he will keep fighing and the ref shouldnt have stopped it is bs they were going to throw in the towl any way. its ok yall got yall payback for booing the national anthem you got a royal american ass whoopin to go all the way back to the uk on.

You can even go to espn and other sports channels and they where talking about how mayweather was just picking him off with accurate shots, exp the pot shots he was giving him every time hatten would rush in. then you would just see hattens head snap back every time he hit him.

Hatten himself said that he whooped him and didnt complain about any ref activity he just took his ass whoopin like a man and said sorry to the uk fans and went on about his buisness. so why cant you just accept his ass whoopin like a man and quit making excuses he still got his ass knocked twice theres no excuse on that one. he was cut from the begining, look at mayweathers face nothing not a scratch not even swollen any where. When hatten had the chance to do something he was holding, and just throwing elbows no accurate punches he did exactly what mayweather said he was going to do come in like a street fight brawler and he got his ass out boxed.

Just because its a rivalry there is no excuse to disrespect that, we didnt boo your bullshit song, we sat there and listend to it, even though we don't have to because you are in our country, but you came all the way to our country and booed our national anthem and it serves you right he got his ass layed on the canvas hattens corner didnt have any thing to say after that one did they?
Well I was watching the fight before it started so yeah I saw what Hatton's trainer said, that doesn't mean that the ref had to break it up every five seconds, he just had to keep an eye out. Breaking it up worked into Mayweather's favour as Hatton's game is largely fighting on the inside - but he wasn't allowed to. I'm not sure what you were watching but up until Hatton had the point deducted, it was a pretty even fight points-wise. Hatton might not have landed many throws, but his aggressiveness would have earned him points.

Obviously when he got knocked down that was basically it, I didn't say that he would of continued fighting, what I'm saying is that if he didn't have the point deducted, he could have fought more tactically (which is what he should have done from the start really), but since he lost the point it quite blatantly put him behind, making him desperate, and hence leaving him open for the knock-out. That was why he got knocked down and then out, if Hatton hadn't of gone in using his heart rather than his head, he would have caused Mayweather more problems. But he fought too emotionally which practically left him like a sitting duck for Mayweather, due to his accuracy, and Hatton's lack of head movement.

Of course Hatton's not going to complain about things, where would that get him? But there's certainly room for discussion for others, as there were many aspects of the fight that could be talked about - and the ref was definitely one of them. Who said I hadn't accepted Hatton's defeat? I've said it many times, Mayweather had an awesome fight and is clearly the best boxer in the world. I'm not taking anything away from Mayweather, he fought very well and took his advantages. But obviously there's room for thought after almost every sporting event. There's no point bringing up the fact that Hatton got cut in the third, and Mayweather hasn't got a scratch on him, because everyone knew Hatton was going to bleed at some point, he's liable to bleed. Whereas Mayweather does exceptionally well at defending, which is why he's never been cut open in his professional career. At the end of the day, yeah, Mayweather out-boxed him, but up until then there were several what ifs for Hatton. He fought well, but with too much emotion, and he paid the price in the end.

Who said anything about disrespect? The boos weren't intended to hurt anyone's feelings, it's just part of our culture to give some spark to the event. You should go to a footy game, particularly between two rivals, it's constant abuse. But it's not personal. Get over it like a man. Oh and for all anyone knows the Americans could have been booing our national anthem - its just that, there were that few of them you wouldn't of been able to hear them. Especially over the duetted (Tom Jones + fans) explosion of God Save the Queen.

Lewi T said:
Well I was watching the fight before it started so yeah I saw what Hatton's trainer said, that doesn't mean that the ref had to break it up every five seconds, he just had to keep an eye out. Breaking it up worked into Mayweather's favour as Hatton's game is largely fighting on the inside - but he wasn't allowed to. I'm not sure what you were watching but up until Hatton had the point deducted, it was a pretty even fight points-wise. Hatton might not have landed many throws, but his aggressiveness would have earned him points.

Obviously when he got knocked down that was basically it, I didn't say that he would of continued fighting, what I'm saying is that if he didn't have the point deducted, he could have fought more tactically (which is what he should have done from the start really), but since he lost the point it quite blatantly put him behind, making him desperate, and hence leaving him open for the knock-out. That was why he got knocked down and then out, if Hatton hadn't of gone in using his heart rather than his head, he would have caused Mayweather more problems. But he fought too emotionally which practically left him like a sitting duck for Mayweather, due to his accuracy, and Hatton's lack of head movement.

Of course Hatton's not going to complain about things, where would that get him? But there's certainly room for discussion for others, as there were many aspects of the fight that could be talked about - and the ref was definitely one of them. Who said I hadn't accepted Hatton's defeat? I've said it many times, Mayweather had an awesome fight and is clearly the best boxer in the world. I'm not taking anything away from Mayweather, he fought very well and took his advantages. But obviously there's room for thought after almost every sporting event. There's no point bringing up the fact that Hatton got cut in the third, and Mayweather hasn't got a scratch on him, because everyone knew Hatton was going to bleed at some point, he's liable to bleed. Whereas Mayweather does exceptionally well at defending, which is why he's never been cut open in his professional career. At the end of the day, yeah, Mayweather out-boxed him, but up until then there were several what ifs for Hatton. He fought well, but with too much emotion, and he paid the price in the end.

Who said anything about disrespect? The boos weren't intended to hurt anyone's feelings, it's just part of our culture to give some spark to the event. You should go to a footy game, particularly between two rivals, it's constant abuse. But it's not personal. Get over it like a man. Oh and for all anyone knows the Americans could have been booing our national anthem - its just that, there were that few of them you wouldn't of been able to hear them. Especially over the duetted (Tom Jones + fans) explosion of God Save the Queen.
ive seen a footy game and you guys get to fighting in almost all of them so to say its just a spark to the event is right lol. you guys take that sport way to seriously as well as other countries. i would never attend one of those ill have to shoot some one at the end.lol

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
hmm and your not?
No if you read what i have said coming into the fight i could have cared less who won the fight but it wasnt untill the disrespect in the begining that i even took the fight seriously, but no i don't take it that serious to go beat the **** out of another fan just because A. he is from another country. and B. he roots for the other team. which is the case that you see in most euro football games.

yungblood6 said:
No if you read what i have said coming into the fight i could have cared less who won the fight but it wasnt untill the disrespect in the begining that i even took the fight seriously, but no i don't take it that serious to go beat the **** out of another fan just because A. he is from another country. and B. he roots for the other team. which is the case that you see in most euro football games.
If that's how it went down in say the NFL, Raider's fans would straight up kill people.

yungblood6 said:
ive seen a footy game and you guys get to fighting in almost all of them so to say its just a spark to the event is right lol. you guys take that sport way to seriously as well as other countries. i would never attend one of those ill have to shoot some one at the end.lol
It's not always fighting! It used to be worse, but that's the extreme of it. The authorities have cracked down on hooliganism pretty well in recent years, well in England anyway. A lot of the problem is police though, especially in Italy. Of course, the behaviour of the fans doesn't help, but the reaction of the police makes it ten times worse.

The seriousness that people take the sport make it so good I believe, as it is almost a matter of life and death (in some cases it can be - stabbings, shootings, etc), but the emotion brought out in people over football is something that is hard to find anywhere else, and I love it!

But I'd definitely say that within England it isn't that bad any more, it's a lot worse elsewhere, like Italy. There's almost a civil war going on there because a policeman had been killed, and a fan accidentally shot dead by police. That caused over 200 fans to storm a police barracks, and Italian football was in a critical state. More recently, yesterday in fact, Roma fans stabbed five Man Utd fans. I am led to believe that it was the Man Utd fans who went looking for trouble, but on a personal note, I couldn't give two f*cks about them because I f*cking hate Man Utd!

Anyway, footy is brilliant!

Back