metriod prime 3 coruption is it worth a buy

TortillaChip520 said:
well you can read about it on wikipedia, but you really have to play the other to metroid primes to get into it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_prime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Prime_2:_Echoes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Prime_3:_Corruption

I've never played any of the Metroid Series, but I'm into sci-fi shooters and this sounds really good. I can't really see how not playing the other ones is going to discourage someone from playing Prime 3. I would suggest reading the the first two links though. The last one, which I didn't read, sounds like it will spoil the story of Prime 3. IGN.com gave it a really good review, and with the many hours of gameplay it sounds like a good game to focus on

thanks for all your repleys ppl i watch the 10 min and 55 second reviewfrom IGN and loved it so i think ill buy it hey wait i wont be buying it ill get it 4 my B-day

Last edited:
definetly a buy, this is one of the best 1 players fps on the wii at the moments, it can be frustrating at times, but well worth your money

it kind of depends on what you're looking for in a game. if you're looking for a good action/adventure/fps, then i would say yes grab it, if you want just an fps then go for Medal of Honors: Heroes 2, and if you want an adventure game get Super Mario Galaxy.

just my $.02

kyle

I like it except for the save thing. I can only play in spurts and often I've gotten pretty far and there is no save position to be found. It's a different kind of game with a little bit of everything. I'd check it out by renting it first then buy if you like it.

I only played a little of Metroid Prime before playing Corruption and it didnt really make much difference to me. It was a must buy in my book though because i knew that i liked that style of game.

MP3 is probably best described as being like a first person version of Zelda set in an space/alien setting. There is a lot of shooting but there is also elements of exploration, puzzle solving and a fair bit of back tracking to do (i think these parts puts some people off).

Controls are fantastic (very good on standard and even better on expert setting) and the graphics are very good. The game is single player and should take around 16 to 20 hours to complete. I completed it in 16 but i'll play through it again, soon as i've forgotten it enough.

You could always buy either Metroid Prime for Gamecube or Super Metroid for VC to see if you like the games style first. Even though Super Metroid is a side scroller it has the same kind of gameplay, if you like Metroid Prime then its a really easy choice as MP3 improves on it with much better aiming and targeting.

MP3:C is like a mix between MP1 and MP2:E, except it takes all the best elements from each and combines them into one. it doesnt take TOO long to get something, like in mp2, but it's not like they're throwing gadgets at you like in mp1. you don't have to use beam ammo, but you don't get to change weapons. i don't think it utilized visors nearly enough, as you only get the
x-ray visor
near the end of the game. but the bosses were fun and challenging, as were the puzzles, and switching in and out of hypermode was a blast!!

Back