Mix and Match Classic Controller and GC Controller?

anark

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2007
Toronto Canada
Wii Online Code
5636-7810-2729-9129
Before I start buying additional controllers... can you mix controllers when playing VC games? ... like... 4 player game... and use 2 classic controllers and 2 game cube controllers?

or must they be 4 of one type?

also... which is better to get? lol..

Allan!

Mix and match works fine...just played some 4-player Mario Kart 64 with 2 Classic Controllers and 2 Wavebirds...

Better is a matter of personal taste. Some VC games require the Classic Controller, so to ensure you'll always be able to use the controllers you purchase with all VC games, you might want to stick to those.

Also, the Classic feels more natural for playing games like Street Fighter...the Gamecube controller is very good, but unique. Given its design, anybody used to playing older games on the original consoles might have trouble getting used to playing with the Gamecube controller.

On the other hand, if you're going to be using your Wii to play Gamecube games, then you're going to need some Gamecube controllers anyway. I had 2 Wavebirds already and picked up 2 Classic Controllers...keeps everything wireless and saved me some money...

Don't forget though, you'll need a wiimote for every classic controller you buy. That adds an extra $40, meaning you'll be paying $60 when you will probably be safe using a wavebird, which you could get two of for $60. However, if you already have another wiimote or two, then buy a classic con and see how you like it; keep it just encase there is a classic-con-only game.

That's a good point...if you only have 2 remotes and are looking for a way to play a 4 player VC game, it's going to be $160 to pick up 2 more remotes and 4 classic controllers...

Back