VC games that use GC or Classic controller

Leviathan2

WiiChat Member
Aug 15, 2007
For VC games that more than one player can play (ie. Mario Cart 64) can one player be using a gamecube controller while the other is using a classic controller?

Some can, some can't. I don't think there is a definitive answer or list anywhere. Sorry.

Hey dude, welcome to Wiichat. Good question you ask there, it seems logical enough that it would work seeing as you can use either one of those controllers on most VC games.

hey guys thnx for the welcome.

I hope my question was clear. I know that some games allow for some controllers and some dont, which you can see when purchasing the game.

What im wondering is if i d/l Mario Cart 64 (using the same example), it allows either the classic or gamecube. If i have two GC controllers and two classic controller, can i use those four controllers on the one game to play with 4 people?

Thnx again guys!!

Leviathan2 said:
hey guys thnx for the welcome.

I hope my question was clear. I know that some games allow for some controllers and some dont, which you can see when purchasing the game.

What im wondering is if i d/l Mario Cart 64 (using the same example), it allows either the classic or gamecube. If i have two GC controllers and two classic controller, can i use those four controllers on the one game to play with 4 people?

Thnx again guys!!

Hello Leviathan, welcome to the forum.

About your question, I can't give a 100% certain answer, but can give a 95% one. I am very certain that you can use those different controllers at the same time. What I've noticed is that mostly all of the VC games have directions for the Gamecube controller (example is telling you to press the "A" button which has a green circle around it; just like Gamecube games).

Hopefully this can help you out. The best way to find out if those different controllers work is to try them out though. :)

Back