Modding Wii and not going WIFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiemon

Wii R N00bs
Mar 18, 2008
Wii Online Code
4631-2357-6774-0357
If I want to mod my Wii and not connect to the internet. Will the Wii get messed up?

So if I don't update it and don't put disk in, the Wii wont screw up?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of modding?

If you dont put the discs in then you cant play the games. Nintendo somtimes has updates on newer games and that might screw up your modded wii. The advantages I guess is whatever the mod is meant to do. The disadvantages, however, it could screw up your wii from updates either from connecting to wifi or game discs and it also voids your warranty. Ninntendo won't fix a modded wii. :yesnod:

If you don't update it, it will not get "messed up" However, some games now are coming with updates. If you don't buy any more games it won't get messed up.

Don't mod it though. Its stupid, illegal, and risky.

If you mod it, you have to promise to post here when your Wii breaks.... so we can all laugh at you.

Do an external mod, don't update from games discs and always run games from your own region

If I remember correctly, a lot of the modchips can be updated via a burned DVD. I don't mod myself, but I know some people like to backup their media. You can connect the Wii with WIFI without it updating automatically, I believe. If a new game has an update, e.g. Mario Galaxy, I'm sure the manufacturer of the modchip will come out with a work around. But like the people above me said, it is always a risk, and it voids the warranty.

it can be bricked. when and with what update it is unknown. if you want to play d/led games, then screw you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back