More Random ****

It's grating when people get offended when someone calls it "Christmas", but I find it equally amusing how others get in a huff about people not calling it "Christmas".

There's no anti-religious intent behind that one- the X comes from the Greek letter chi, and is meant to be short for "christ".

X also stands for the number 10 in Roman numerals so I like Christmas instead of Xmas.
Why are you going to get offended when some says "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays"? It's just dumb when you get offended. I bet that people don't say it to insult you or make you feel bad. People say it to be nice.

Are you trying to be a Jehovah's witness now, Twilight?

EDIT: Probably for similar reasons why Christians get offended when gays try to taint their oh-so-holy marriage, Commander.

Idc if people wish me happy holidays, or merry christmas, or happy hanukah, or wahtever. Im not jewish, muslim, or christian, but that dont stop me from enjoyin the holidays.

my dogs' name is chewbacca. he's not a jedi. and he's not gay.
he does not masturbate. he is saved, though -- after all, all dogs go to heaven.
he civil rights are violated because he'd like to get married in a church, but the curch doesn't marry dogs. so it must be put on a ballot at the next election. you can't find him on wikipedia because wikipedia does not hold all the answers to life, but a lot of information by fans of a given topic and people who like to gossip about a celebrity's history. if chewbacca was celebrity then you would find gossip about him on wikipedia... and even google him. chewbacca read dungmaster's name and thought it was actually drugmster... but dungmaster makes more sense.

Not everyone is like you.
They're not!!!!???? :yikes:

Seriously though, I don't see what's the big deal. I'm not a Christian and I celebrate Christmas. And I wouldn't be offended if anyone said to me, "Happy Hanakah!" or "Happy Kwanza Day!"

All I see it as is being ridiculous. They should stop whinning, just smile, and say, "You too." or something. To each his own is the lesson they should learn.

They're not!!!!???? :yikes:

Seriously though, I don't see what's the big deal. I'm not a Christian and I celebrate Christmas. And I wouldn't be offended if anyone said to me, "Happy Hanakah!" or "Happy Kwanza Day!"

All I see it as is being ridiculous. They should stop whinning, just smile, and say, "You too." or something. To each his own is the lesson they should learn.
Napalm put it very well when he compared the frustration that people have with "Merry Christmas" to the outrage that apparently quite a few of you share when people say anything but "Merry Christmas."

he does not masturbate. he is saved, though -- after all, all dogs go to heaven.
he civil rights are violated because he'd like to get married in a church, but the curch doesn't marry dogs. so it must be put on a ballot at the next election. you can't find him on wikipedia because wikipedia does not hold all the answers to life, but a lot of information by fans of a given topic and people who like to gossip about a celebrity's history. if chewbacca was celebrity then you would find gossip about him on wikipedia... and even google him. chewbacca read dungmaster's name and thought it was actually drugmster... but dungmaster makes more sense.

Go marry him in Las Vegas.

Napalm put it very well when he compared the frustration that people have with "Merry Christmas" to the outrage that apparently quite a few of you share when people say anything but "Merry Christmas."

A. Who?

B. Read my post you replied to again. It clearly said I don't get frustrated when people say something besides Merry Christmas. I get frustrated at the people who get frustrated at the term "Merry Christmas" and the ones who get frustrated at "Happy Holidays."

That was the whole point of my post.

Wiichat: The only place where a purposeless thread can evolve into a highly sophisticated conversation of civil rights, religion, and fapping.

Good for you, relating gay rights to the rights of a domestic animal. :thumbsup:

Tyler, separate and equal doesn't work... because the "separate" voids the "equal".

I don't quite understand what point you've been trying to make, Adam... Civil marriages (without any reference to God) are fine? (even for teh gayz?!)

Back