Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Frog's Review)

Frog

WiiChat Member
Oct 21, 2007
Muramasa the Demon Blade is the best 2D action game since Castlevania Symphon of the Night in 1997.

Muramasa has the most beautiful and advanced hand-drawn 2D graphic of any game in history.

Framerate is smokin 60fps.

Music is a mixture of techno and traditional Japanese music. A smokin' soundtrack.

Art-direction is breathtaking and reminds me a mixture of Okami and Otogi!

The game plays like a mixture of Super Metroid/Castlevania Symphony of the Night (level design/platforming/items to get to other areas) with combat that is like the Samurai Showdown arcade games. The game is quite simple, yet has light RPG elements to keep it interesting. You do earn XP(like Symphony of the Night) and can forge new blades and find/buy items.

Looks to be about 10-12 hours for your first playthrough. I am currently at 6 hours and am halfway through the game. This is the typical length of this style game...maybe slightly shorter than Super Metroid or SOTN.

I rented the game, but now I am definitely buying it. And I will definitely play it a 2nd time with the female character.

INSTANT CLASSIC!!!

None of you have played this yet? If so, then that is sad indeed!

I bought this today. This game is amazing. I just love the 2D graphics. The gameplay itself is also extremely fun. This is a great game. I'd definitely recommend it.

I bought Muramasa last week and it is truely a stunning game.

Although the gameplay is fairly simple it is very addictive, in fact I couldn't stop playing it once I started, relegating the likes of Batman and WSR to the shelf.

It is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful games on the Wii and one of the best this gen (on any platform).

Thanks for the review. I'm interested in this game, and I was curious to know what the playtime is like, so your review was helpful. I will try and pick up this game now :)

Back