My experience playing the Wii U in L.A. (Club Nintendo benefit!) ^.^

ZeLdA4LiFe

@SoHugo17 FOLLOW ME? :)
Aug 20, 2006
Stanton, CA
Been a while since I've posted a thread. Sorry if it's in the wrong section...

Well anyways, YES! The day I got that email saying I've been invited to play the Wii U, I was shocked! I figured FINALLY! Club Nintendo is finally recognizing me aha It was such an amazing feeling. This event was held in a room in Hollywood. Quite a few people were invited but the area was small. Long lines waiting for people to let you play wasn't fun. I did manage to play a few though.

Well let me get to the point. The Wii U is so cool! The one game that really stuck out for me was the Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land. I was able to play both as the shooter & as the one in the space ship. The shooters were standard shooting style for the Wiimote. The spaceship controlling was quite different. I had to use the pad to aim & shoot. Lemme tell you, the aiming is sooooo accurate. Any slight movement & you move the camera. You have to be still & also have really good aiming. You use both analog sticks to move around & also accelerate. I won both matches LOL I was really good once I got the hang of it.

Rayman was was pretty fun too. Didn't play much but the controlling for the pad was pretty fun. Had to tap a few eyeball-looking things so my partner could keep running or else he'd crash.

The New Super Mario Bros U was pretty impressive. I guess it was cuz of the tv but the graphics look pretty sweet. I was pretty impressed with the background too. Although I died pretty quick, I noticed just how crisp clear the background seemed & also Mario & the gang. The new power-up was fun. Flying squirrel? Dunno the name of it but soaring instead of crashing down like any other flying power-up was unique. Especially when almost doing.

They didn't give out any goodies but they did let me keep this cool pass. I'm never throwing it away :)

but yea, that's just all the newest Wii U thing I've done. Sadly, I won't be getting it any time soon. College comes first LOL

251601_4518134872272_1008305772_n.jpg

PS These cookies were delicious! but only ONE PER PERSON -.-

397302_4518136712318_696833856_n.jpg

THEY GAVE AWAY FREE COOKIES? D:

So I take it Ninty Land isn't boring 'n stupid, and the gamepad is spot-on accurate? dis is gewd newz

Gonna give one a go at Play Expo.

The idea of Dan from Street fighter playing on a WiiU will probably blow your mind

Was there any new official news regarding the WiiU?

No not really. It was just a basic event where we can play. No new news. At least not to me.

THEY GAVE AWAY FREE COOKIES? D:

So I take it Ninty Land isn't boring 'n stupid, and the gamepad is spot-on accurate? dis is gewd newz

YES! I was amazed. The graphics in the pad were pretty great. & the response was as accurate as an iPad :eek:

That's awesome dude! ya should of kinda...borrowed some of the WiiU cookies though...to share with the rest of us here lol

The Wii U is so cool! The one game that really stuck out for me was the Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land. I was able to play both as the shooter & as the one in the space ship. The shooters were standard shooting style for the Wiimote. The spaceship controlling was quite different. I had to use the pad to aim & shoot.

Had a ball playing around with the Wii U at the eb games expo here in sydney, Only got to play Nintendo Land, NSMB U and zombie U. I managed to get a couple of photo's. (Sorry for the bad quality, It was inside, Dark and only had Iphone with me)
img3130i.jpg

img3126wr.jpg

img3127nc.jpg

img3128gm.jpg

img3129xb.jpg

Last edited:
LOL yeah i haven't been around for a while, thought that since the Wii u is out soon i would pop in for a visit, About zombi U, Well i had no real interest in the game at all, But i played it anyway, lets just say i pre ordered a copy the next morning lol. Its a very different experience to any other zombie games i have played, it really makes you feel like your actually going through what the character is.

tumblr_lf1z60iGD11qdu2tro1_400.png

The controllers buttons feel wrongly placed

LOL yeah i haven't been around for a while, thought that since the Wii u is out soon i would pop in for a visit, About zombi U, Well i had no real interest in the game at all, But i played it anyway, lets just say i pre ordered a copy the next morning lol. Its a very different experience to any other zombie games i have played, it really makes you feel like your actually going through what the character is.

The very bloody opposite of Bloke's opinion. Aye, this lifts my hopes for ZombiU indeed. :lol:

If it does very successfully, maybe L4D3 (... if it ever happens) will get a Ninty release. That'd be lovely.

That's the thing that intrigues me the most about ZombiU, it looks like it's entirely different. It was good to hear about your impressions!

Back