My GREAT Wii Experience (bought it on Launchday)

rtr1900

Wii or not to Wii
Nov 30, 2006
Spain
Wii Online Code
3085-1225-3534-6165
Hi,

I might be a very lucky guy:thumbsup: . As this Saturday I decided to go one hour earlier to the supermarket, hoping that I might find a Wii (here in Spain the launchday was the 9th, because the 8th is a holiday). Guess what, it seemed that because of the holidays they are open at 9 a.m. and not 10 a.m.
And the best of all, I was ALONE. So at 9 a.m. I entered and Asked the salesman for a Wii, he said he would get me one from the the backstore….. So 5 minutes later they gave me the FIRST Wii they sold in that store (Carrefour)…. Mmmhhh, althought there was no Picture taken :cool: …. I was VERY Happy to get my Wii.
Just two weeks ago I heared about the Wii, and saw a DVDDemo, which came with a Magazine…. And now I have my Wii.

Well I decided to test it, and put it back until X-mass day… Well I have been a bad boy:devil: … as I didn´t put it back… I played the whole weekend with my daughter (4,5 Years old) Guess what? SHE BEATS me everytime with the bowling…:mad2: … (and I really try, I do)….

Ok, after telling you my lucky “buying” experience I am going to tell you my Wii experience.

My first impression was that the Wii is sooooooo small…. Just a little bit bigger than an external DVD-Drive. And everything is of very good quality.
Ok, so I put the Wii in vertical position. Entered the DVD, and…. Tick…tick….tick…. it started to m ake noises and stopped. Showed me a message, telling me to shut the Wii and read the manual… So I decided to put horizontal… and voila… no problems anymore….
The quality of the screen is great and the sound fantastic. Ok, it isn´t 5.1 or 7.1 (which is PS3), but who the hell has 7.1 boxes to play a game???? Most of the people don´t even have 5.1….
The game Wii Sports came in a DVD box (white color). I believe in the USA it didn´t game in a box… lucky us Europeans….. The five games are fun to play. Golf is the most tricky one, but after playing for a while you get the feeling. Bowling is just great, because you can play it with the whole family. And yes, I have some musles aches for playing too much tennis!

What I liked about the Wii that it sometimes advices you to have a break…. Which I believe is great!!! Also making the Mii is just fun… my daughter and I have been creating the whole family, friends, neighbours,…… We made about 20-30 Mii….
I haven´t tried the Internet as I am still waiting for my conection. I hope to have it in one week…

Now for my X-mass I will ask Santa the WiiPlay + extra Nunchaku (name here in Spain).

If anybody is thinking of getting a Wii, I can recommend it to you. Especially if you want to play together with the family…. If you want great GFX, just wait for the PS3 or buy a Xbox360.
For me the Wii experience has been a 100%. I could even say 110%. I thought I would get bored playing the games after a couple of hours. But the possibility in getting higher ranks kept me coming back…..

Now I can´t wait to get my hands on Call Of Duty 3, which will be for me only….. not my daughter…..

The negative side of the Wii is...... euuuuuhhhh.... HEY this isn´t a PS3.... so orry,... no negative side.... (yet, and hopefully never)... hihihihi:lol:

Well I hope everybody has had the same luck as I had….

Great work Nintendo!!!!!! You really rocked the Gamingworld!!!!!!

Although I didn't get my Wii as easily as you did. (I waited 3 hours in the blastering cold) In a line of about 100 people at Toy R Us.

I would say that my Wii experience has been good as well!

Hehe... I just walked in, got my Wii and games and walkd out. Az is such an ezyh place if u preordered but its even ezy to do that. I preordered at my local gametraders 2 days b4 the release and git on release! :)

Back