My opinion on Battle Revolution

a30993

WiiChat?!!?! WHERE?!
Apr 1, 2007
Wii Online Code
4108-4051-0390-8129
I don't want to buy it. Allow me to elaborate.
They completely left out those who didn't have a DS. If I were to buy BR right now, I couldn't completely enjoy it until I shelled out another 180$ JUST so I could use non-rented pokemon.

W.T.F.

Ok, so the online may be ok, but once again, if you don't have a DS, you are LEFT OUT. You cannot communicate WHATSOEVER, whereas if you have a DS (Extra 130$) , you can VOICE-CHAT. Gee. That's a REAAAL expensive microphone. I have a 5$ one RIGHT here. - points to thing dangling from desk -

Sure, you can use the Wii controllers to control the game. That's one thing they didn't leave out.

What's the point of using your DS as a controller? Wow, a 130$ Wii Remote.

Big. Whoop.

I may elaborate some more at a later point in time.

WTF are you talkin about,dude the 130 dollar remote ur talking about is just an xtra feature they let you use in the nintendo DS, which was made for portable playing,you think it is just a controller?

And besides pokemon colleseum and XD blow cause they are stupid RPGs with no online gaming or good battles not even rentals,you were lucky this game has rentals,and last who the heel buys battle revolution without buying diamond or pearl,is it shortage of money?

Cause all the guys I know are freakin rich and buy everything they see.

It may not entertain for a long while but it is probably a good game and you have no idea on how to rate a good game,you only think about yourself man think what the majority has if they buy a wii pokemon game they will obviously buy the DS version.

And don't whine about why should I buy a 130 dollar DS?
Cause there are lots of good games such as the pokemon versions that actually have wi fi.

And that is my speech and don't you dare correct me,cause that is a fact.

I rule!

Yeah, but guess what.

I CAN'T AFFORD A DS. ALLOWANCE WAS OBLITERATED ON THE WII.

a30993 said:
Yeah, but guess what.

I CAN'T AFFORD A DS. ALLOWANCE WAS OBLITERATED ON THE WII.
well dont take that out on battle revolution thats your own fault

and you dont need a ds to go online

It's my own fault that Nintendo had to be a jackass and make us pay 220 dollars to (fully) enjoy an original 50$ game? I was really looking forward to this game, but once I did the math.. I didn't think so much of it

BR: 50$
DS(For voice and D/P support): 130$
D/P(For pokemon): 50$

Grand total of...
220$!! That's only 30$ less than the Wii itself!

a30993 said:
It's my own fault that Nintendo had to be a jackass and make us pay 220 dollars to (fully) enjoy an original 50$ game? I was really looking forward to this game, but once I did the math.. I didn't think so much of it

BR: 50$
DS(For voice and D/P support): 130$
D/P(For pokemon): 50$

Grand total of...
220$!! That's only 30$ less than the Wii itself!
diamond and pearl are not $50 they are $30 and its your fault that you dont have money, and if you are going to come and rant about a game you should at least know how it works, and how much the stuff actually cost

All right fine, 200$. That's still WAY too expensive JUST to fully enjoy a SINGLE 50$ game.

It's unreasonable.

(**** I miscounted. That's 210$.)

dude slow down, it's completely your fault for not getting a ds, but also i understand you don't have the money!!! but don't come hollering at us because you don't have one, or you only get rental pokemon + you can still enjoy it with the rentals. If you don't want it don't get it, it's as simple as that! Also you do realize you can go online with the rentals, right? They make the colloseum leaders easy enough for you to beat with the rentals, so you should have no problem. :crazy: blankconnection is right also, you don't even know the price? it's a ds price not a wii price, just like you know a gameboy price and an n64 price, come on?

Last edited:
blankconnection said:
diamond and pearl are not $50 they are $30 and its your fault that you dont have money, and if you are going to come and rant about a game you should at least know how it works, and how much the stuff actually cost

Your a ****ing idiot. It's ****ing stupid that to experience BR fully, you have to own not only a Wii and a copy of the game (which is $300+ right there) but also a DS($130 or so?) and a copy of Diamond or Pearl ($30-35).

I was actually going to buy it today until I realized the same thing. I'm not gonna go on bashing the game for it, but I do think it is kinda a downer that in order to fully enjoy the game you have to get a DS and the pokemon game. I haven't really enjoyed pokemon since pokemon red, on gameboy. I did kind of like the idea of being able to just battle people though until I discovered the extreme limitations.

Thats just my opinion. To all those who have a DS+pokemon, enjoy. =p I just think its going to deter a lot of people because majority of the people I know who have a Wii, don't have a DS. Oddly enough, my friends and I mostly have PSP's. =p

CaseyCor said:
Your a ****ing idiot. It's ****ing stupid that to experience BR fully, you have to own not only a Wii and a copy of the game (which is $300+ right there) but also a DS($130 or so?) and a copy of Diamond or Pearl ($30-35).

Its not stupid. It's tactical. Yes, it sucks for a lot of the people who cannot afford it but the fact is, this will motivate a lot of people to just buy a DS and a pokemon game, or two, or three+. The game is still fun without a DS, I demo'd it today. But, in my opinion, it's not worth the money for the limited play. A part of me thinks it should have been marked down, at least to $39.99 because you need such add ons.

Or hell, maybe even bundled with a DS and pokemon game for a slight discount on all three. That would have been a hit. But this technique Nintendo is using will still work.

This isn't the first time they've put out a game where you need a portable console to play it. You'd think that if it wasn't successful the first time, they wouldn't repeat the method.

*rep* 4 u jd1269 that's exactly right on the console part, that this isn't the first time you needed another game to have awesome pokemon, you guys remember pokemon stadiums 1 & 2?

Last edited:
gamerdude247 said:
*rep* 4 u jd1269 that's exactly right on the console part, that this isn't the first time you needed another game to have awesome pokemon, you guys remember pokemon stadiums 1 & 2?

Thanks. And it was a major hit with the pokemon stadium games. It was also a hit with that odd final fantasy game Nintendo made and there were a couple others that are not coming to mind at this moment. I know I fell into it though and bought a gameboy advanced at the time. Knowing me, if they come out with a game that peaks my interest a little more than pokemon, I'll probably crumble and buy a DS+games for it too. Almost did for this one, but my bank account wouldn't be too happy with me. It gave me time to think and decide otherwise.

CaseyCor said:

THANK YOU.

Back