My sad curries experiance

Avais100

WiiChat Member
Sep 18, 2006
A few day's ago i went to go order my nintendo wii (its late I know but i had just persuaded my parents to let me buy it) the first shop we went into did'nt have any nintendo wii's left so then we went next doo to curries. There at curries i asked the man at the counter if i could pre-order the nintendo wii and he said that the if i did pre-order he didnt know when i would get it. He also told me that the nintendo wii wasnt as good as the PS3 and Xbox 360 so alot of people didnt want it. He said if i have come before november i would have got it somewhere near christmas but since i came now i might have to get in january. He then says that since not many people pre-ordered it (he said i was only the second person that had asked) there would be alot of consoles that they would sell in the shop.

My question is if they have so many consoles they can sell them in shop then how come the people who pre-order have to wait until january?

I then went next door to PC world. Over here the man says that the nintendo wii was selling well and that there pre-orders were sold straight away. He then asks "have you been next door to curries" I then explained the whole story above and he says that if i pre-ordered there i would be gauranteed one atleast and he said he doubts if they would have enough to sell in the shop. He then mentions the PS3 and my dad says to me why dont you buy that? I tell him i dont want the PS3 yet and ill buy it in about a year when i have enough money. He then says that he's only gonna let me buy one becuase of my SAT's this year. So i have a choice Wii or PS3. Well i chose wii and went back to curris and pre-ordered it. Now i just have to wait until january.

Uhhh...

Curries?

Quite honestly, if you put the effort into it, you can get a Nintendo Wii WAY before what they are saying to you right now.

what do you mean...campout?
my parents wont let me do that and they wont shop online either so unless i go to another shop thats the fastest time i can get it.

There's rumored to be a huge shipment going out this week. I've read that stores will be getting full restocks by sunday. Just a rumor though.

No, you shouldn't have to camp. If you're in the US, try calling your local retailers and asking them when they will recieve another shipment. Lots of retailers will be have some this Sunday. You don't have to camp; just get there early when they get some in.

no im in the UK. I didnt know there was such a demand for them here in bradford but alot of people want this console.

Avoid: Dixons (online), PC World, Currys (many worries!) and Curry's Digital - they are all part of the same company and all come with the crap service that you expect.

I would get on a list though at somewhere like Game, HMV or Woolworths (if your local Woolworths in any good!)

That would make sense then, because the US doesn't have any place called curries around here. At least as far as I know.

Haz said:
Avoid: Dixons (online), PC World, Currys (many worries!) and Curry's Digital - they are all part of the same company and all come with the crap service that you expect.

I would get on a list though at somewhere like Game, HMV or Woolworths (if your local Woolworths in any good!)

i tried those but they were all sold out. Does anyone have the answer to why there selling them in shop instead of giving them to the people who pre-ordered?

xbandaidx said:
Uhhh...

Curries?

Quite honestly, if you put the effort into it, you can get a Nintendo Wii WAY before what they are saying to you right now.

Ditto put some umph in your UMPH! look for a larger retailer, they get larger shipments in

save wiis for plps if you preorder early enough me was early october and im not sure if im gonna get one at launch looks like you might have to camp out till midnight its bad but the wii is expected to be the best console that nintendo has made makes me nervous:scared:

My question is if they have so many consoles they can sell them in shop then how come the people who pre-order have to wait until january?

The wii supply in stores won't meet the demand, and the same goes for online orders.

Only the people who preordered late have to wait until january.

Meaning the first wave of wii's has already been sold out, as far as warehouse preorders go.

Avais100 said:
A few day's ago i went to go order my nintendo wii (its late I know but i had just persuaded my parents to let me buy it) the first shop we went into did'nt have any nintendo wii's left so then we went next doo to curries. There at curries i asked the man at the counter if i could pre-order the nintendo wii and he said that the if i did pre-order he didnt know when i would get it. He also told me that the nintendo wii wasnt as good as the PS3 and Xbox 360 so alot of people didnt want it. He said if i have come before november i would have got it somewhere near christmas but since i came now i might have to get in january. He then says that since not many people pre-ordered it (he said i was only the second person that had asked) there would be alot of consoles that they would sell in the shop.

I then went next door to PC world. Over here the man says that the nintendo wii was selling well and that there pre-orders were sold straight away. He then asks "have you been next door to curries" I then explained the whole story above and he says that if i pre-ordered there i would be gauranteed one atleast and he said he doubts if they would have enough to sell in the shop. He then mentions the PS3 and my dad says to me why dont you buy that? I tell him i dont want the PS3 yet and ill buy it in about a year when i have enough money. He then says that he's only gonna let me buy one becuase of my SAT's this year. So i have a choice Wii or PS3. Well i chose wii and went back to curris and pre-ordered it. Now i just have to wait until january.

ignore anyone who works in currys, dixons or PC world... they are all a bunch of nob ends who very rarely know what they are doing...

If I offend anyone who works at these places... tough crap...

they employ peopel to work in a technological environment and dont keep up with the latest tech & products... you may get one or two people that are really into it and know what they are talking about but very rarely you will find someone knowledgable...

go to game, gamestation, virgin megastore, hmv anything like that...

theRook

Why are you doing SATs in the UK? If you're going to apply to US universities you're better off importing one from the US until then.

Back