my thoughts on wii games

whitesnake

rocks
Sep 17, 2006
my thought on the wiis games is this,

what i think nintendo should do with some of there games is delay them and start putting abit more quality into them, i mean u have games like far cry which looks like it wud be probly the best controlled far cry, on the wii, but the visuals and things just seem a little down graded, also they should wait until online comes and pack that into it too, that way ur not getting a rushed game and it gives them time to get usta it, and its worth the price,

another few games i think cud do with being delayed is redsteel,excite truck,need for speed carbon, i just cant help but think there being rushed out just to sell for the wii, they should take there time and create games which they have more content, like multiplayer,better controls, and maybe online, and more exclusives titles to the wii instead of ports like need for speed,splintercell they also cud be making the games a little longer than what sum of them sound, to add that more worth the value to it, lets hope they start bringing more games to the wii like ssx,resident evil, etc coz the system looks like a very quality system which should be taking there time and bringing more quality games, the only real game which is all of those things wud probly be the new zelda, and i know there just launch titles its still no excuse to rush a game, thats probly what i wud have done anyway...ur thoughts plz

whitesnake said:
my thought on the wiis games is this,

what i think nintendo should do with some of there games is delay them and start putting abit more quality into them, i mean u have games like far cry which looks like it wud be probly the best controlled far cry, on the wii, but the visuals and things just seem a little down graded, also they should wait until online comes and pack that into it too, that way ur not getting a rushed game and it gives them time to get usta it, and its worth the price,

another few games i think cud do with being delayed is redsteel,excite truck,need for speed carbon, i just cant help but think there being rushed out just to sell for the wii, they should take there time and create games which they have more content, like multiplayer,better controls, and maybe online, and more exclusives titles to the wii instead of ports like need for speed,splintercell they also cud be making the games a little longer than what sum of them sound, to add that more worth the value to it, lets hope they start bringing more games to the wii like ssx,resident evil, etc coz the system looks like a very quality system which should be taking there time and bringing more quality games, the only real game which is all of those things wud probly be the new zelda, and i know there just launch titles its still no excuse to rush a game, thats probly what i wud have done anyway...ur thoughts plz
Err, well Red Steel was in development for quite a while. The problem with delaying a lot of those titles, is that the console will then launch with very few games - and that's proven to have a lasting effect on sales.

The reason why we haven't seen Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Smash Bros on launch is because it'#s exactly what they're doing - delaying them to improve their quality. 2007 will be a good year, because Nintendo has kept them back to make sure they are as good as they can be. Though I do agree that some games should've had an online feature - though it's not impossible for them to update the games when Nintendo's online services kick in more.

Also, a SSX title and Resident Evil title has already been announced for the Wii.

well people complained about red steels controls so obvioulsy it cud of been delayed to sort them out or sumthing and waited until they got a little more time on the system then release it maybe, and as for launch titles selling the wii yes thats true, but the wii can start selling all through the year not just launch, they have a damn few good games on the system but i think they should make them so there actually worth the money u pay, a true game developer will take his time and does it to the best he thinks, like the zelda series, and like in the n64 and snes days they took there time, yes they probly was a few rushed games but i dont remember any,and even to this day they still are popular, its about buying a game system not for the name or to argue with whos console is better, but for the gameplay, the games, and for the fun, not just rush a lot of games out for launch just to hope it will sell the system, it wud sell alot more if they thought about bringing out more content and what the player would want, and i aint talking about the graphics either, with the games like

redsteel- sounds like a damn good idea, looks great for a launch title, why not wait till they have better controls and maybe online play, great exclusive,

excite truck- add more content,online play rather ppl saying its a tech demo
the graphics are good, and the controls seem great

splinter cell- looks good on the wii with the controls but its just a port, why not 4get double agent and bring either its own game or add new content and take time with changing it from the ps2 version

need for speed- add online that wud be fun online, or design a new need for speed for the wii exclusive

far cry-maybe ajust the visuals a little, add mulitplayer and have online, bigger or more maps, better ai, this great idea with the new controls tho

gt pro series-i barely see anyone like this game, so thats really a waste of money to make it, why not get ppls views and change the graphics from cel shading, or wait and turn it into a racing simulation like gran turismo or sumthing,

thats just a few ideas for what wud be good for the games but then some of them have multiplayer, i wud rather wait and have them take there time with a game so i know its sumthing to be looking forward to, having it exclusive for that system and getting more for your money, i aint a fan boy either its just a thought anyways i cud be wrong i just thought id give an idea lol i dont exspect anyone to agree with me but if u agree u wud rather play for a game i mentioned and changed to just say so, thats all peace ppl:)

Many Nintendo games have been held back, there was gonna be a bunch for launch, but they are making the game better and also spreading out their games, because it would suck to buy them all in the same month or something then wait longer for the next one.

I think Nintendo knows what they're doing. Would you rather have just waited to buy the Wii until next year and have many games or have it now with a few good games and be patient for more. You also have to look at it from Nintendo's point of view. A lot of people forget this but they are in a money making business and they have to compete with Sony and Microsoft. If they would have waited any longer to release the Wii and/or more games then they would be at a major disadvantage. I'm not saying that the games that are out right now can't use some improvement, especially in regards to online play. I'm just saying that it's being done for a reason. That's just my humble opinion.

i dont think it is a disadvantage because microsoft released there console last year and wii and ps3 are a year behind, people wont stick with a console because it came out 1st , they will stick with a console with a damn good line up of games which are worth the money rather that ports, alot of people wud rather wait for the games rather than buying an rushed game to play and be disapointed, the games might take a while to be getting good reviews but if they improve them alot they will be getting better reviews and people wud pay more attention to the console, i mean alot of people have a 360 and if they see a game out for xbox360 with online play extra maps cars etc, or wud they pay for a quick port for another system with less content, or if the other system had diffrent maps, more content exclusive for the wii and online play, then they wud be think which one to get maybe even both, i know nintendo know what there doin but some wii owners seem to wish they was getting more for there money with the games, so they rent and dont buy etc,alot of the reviews are making ppl think twice to buy the game rather than rent and it cant be helping nintendo,

nintendo has alot of good games coming out next year, and there taking there time with it, thats why people will be excited because the games will be worth the money, but the game which really will sell the wii is zelda and even thats a port also..

redsteel was also another game people was looking forward to but some ppl are dissapointed by the controls? and thats the point of the wii, the gameplay

just another thought anyway

You have to remember, that companies have not had the final Wii hardware for very long. Technically, most of the games (pretty much all 3rd party games) were developed using Gamecube hardware with a Wiimote attached. As newer Devkits became available the games got very quick graphical enhancements. So what you are getting in the first gen Wii titles are graphically upgraded GC games. You will definetly be seeing alot better quality Wii titles in the future.

"well people complained about red steels controls so obvioulsy it cud of been delayed to sort them out or sumthing"

It looks like you have thoughts you would like to express, but I cannot read them.

I love Bob BlawBlaw's image. That was a great NES game. TILT! I forget how, but I could spam TILT so much I could beat that two-legged end boss before he could put a hurting on me. He'd keep turning each time he got hit by it before turning back around for another whammy.

whitesnake said:
well people complained about red steels controls so obvioulsy it cud of been delayed to sort them out or sumthing and waited until they got a little more time on the system then release it maybe, and as for launch titles selling the wii yes thats true, but the wii can start selling all through the year not just launch, they have a damn few good games on the system but i think they should make them so there actually worth the money u pay, a true game developer will take his time and does it to the best he thinks, like the zelda series, and like in the n64 and snes days they took there time, yes they probly was a few rushed games but i dont remember any,and even to this day they still are popular, its about buying a game system not for the name or to argue with whos console is better, but for the gameplay, the games, and for the fun, not just rush a lot of games out for launch just to hope it will sell the system, it wud sell alot more if they thought about bringing out more content and what the player would want, and i aint talking about the graphics either, with the games like

redsteel- sounds like a damn good idea, looks great for a launch title, why not wait till they have better controls and maybe online play, great exclusive,

excite truck- add more content,online play rather ppl saying its a tech demo
the graphics are good, and the controls seem great

splinter cell- looks good on the wii with the controls but its just a port, why not 4get double agent and bring either its own game or add new content and take time with changing it from the ps2 version

need for speed- add online that wud be fun online, or design a new need for speed for the wii exclusive

far cry-maybe ajust the visuals a little, add mulitplayer and have online, bigger or more maps, better ai, this great idea with the new controls tho

gt pro series-i barely see anyone like this game, so thats really a waste of money to make it, why not get ppls views and change the graphics from cel shading, or wait and turn it into a racing simulation like gran turismo or sumthing,

thats just a few ideas for what wud be good for the games but then some of them have multiplayer, i wud rather wait and have them take there time with a game so i know its sumthing to be looking forward to, having it exclusive for that system and getting more for your money, i aint a fan boy either its just a thought anyways i cud be wrong i just thought id give an idea lol i dont exspect anyone to agree with me but if u agree u wud rather play for a game i mentioned and changed to just say so, thats all peace ppl:)

Have you played any of these games?

no but i read reviews and look at what content it has, and hear ppl who have wiis or played it, it just feels this might be the strongest launch for nintendos console for a while, just a weak launch up of games incept for zelda which is a port, and i said my thoughts thats all

It looks like you have thoughts you would like to express, but I cannot read them?

yeah sure:lol:

I don't mind that Red Steel is a little buggy, Excite Truck is a little lacking, CoD3 has no online play.. just because Nintendo stuck to their guns in saying "These titles will be released with the launch" and kept true to their word. Just look the GCN with barely any third party support just because they delayed the system so long. I think Nintendo knows what its doing right now. And hey, WiiConnect24 is used for Updates, Im sure they will figure out a way to throw some game updates on there.

A few thoughts...

first, I wouldnt doubt that nintendo is delaying a lot of their titles, metroid, ssbb, mario, so that they will have a steady influx of games well into 2007. What really killed the gamecube was the vaccuum of good games after its launch. Nintendo is probably making sure that doesnt happen again. I for one have no complaints as long as they 1) add onlline play to metroid 2) make ssbb better than ssbm (and not just online play) 3) make mario a true revoution.

second, Most of the games that are out right now suffer from the same problems as first gen games on the 360 and ps3. The problem is that these days, consoles are not so different from each other in every new generation that making ports is impossible. Porting a snes game as an N64 launch title would have been outrageous. Porting a pc/ps2 game as a 360 title, much more feasible. This is a result of diminishing returns on video game technology. We've hit a point where technology is good enough for us to create believable game worlds and great gameplay elements. As a result, every new console launch will see its share of crappy ports of last gen games that are patched together with next gen support. the 360 had call of duty 2, king kong, tons of ported sports games. Wii has marvel ultimate alliance, monkeyball 2, open season (a big wtf there) and zelda. The list consumes the bulk of the launch titles. and while some of these are good (zelda and call of duty 2). Others turn out to be awkward. Super monkey ball...

third, you do make a good point. A bunch of wii games are lacking features. I think this is in part due to the fact that the wii is an unfinished system. Nintendo focused a lot on bringing the wiimote functionality out as a complete package that they've skimped on the other features (online, storage, etc) either purposely or because they ran out of time. However, if you've played any wii games or toyed around with a system, you'll realize how much untapped potential the wii has. The wiimote has not been tapped, wiiconnect24 hasnt been touched, online play hasnt been looked at, even the channel system has tons of room for improvement. While I doubt the wii could fail at this point, whether it becomes a smashing it or a step in the right direction is up to nintendo. They've built a great system. Now they just need to use it to its full potential

Honestly I dought many/if any launch games will be patched to support online play.

They are launch games and the wave has passed, even if it was a great online patch I'm sure the sales would only gradualy go up, and just for a few days - the developers know that and for this reason they are more than likely working on their new games rather then fixing their soon to be half-dead ones

whitesnake said:
no but i read reviews and look at what content it has, and hear ppl who have wiis or played it, it just feels this might be the strongest launch for nintendos console for a while, just a weak launch up of games incept for zelda which is a port, and i said my thoughts thats all

It looks like you have thoughts you would like to express, but I cannot read them?

yeah sure:lol:

No I dont have opinions because I haven't played them.

In my experience, I do not trust reviews, or even opinions of close friends as I have my own tastes and find that 1 half of reviews are fanboys and the other biased towards other consoles/games.

Can you read that? :rolleyes:

Back