My Wii Connection Problem

nevillepoo

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
Hellu folks,

Been reading threads here about Wii connection but I still have no luck with mine. Although mine Wii is a Japs version (cos my wife bought it from Japan), I guess the configuration shall be the same.

I've got a 4 years old BenQ AWL700 wireless router and it works fine with my PC and my NDS. I tried also to connection my Wii to this router and I was able to detect connection and update my firmware to the latest. I am also able to have update fromthe weather channel. However everytimes when I was trying to log on to Wii Shopping Channel, it just takes for hours and hours but won't able to connect nor giving me any error code.

Anyone has any idea and give me some hints?? Thanks

did you find when it downloaded the updates that it downloaded VERRY slow?

If so, change your Wireless Channel setting in your router to either 1, or 11.

This helped me as i couldn't connect to various things that needed to be downloaded.

This could fix it, could not, but its a start....

fuzzai said:
did you find when it downloaded the updates that it downloaded VERRY slow?

If so, change your Wireless Channel setting in your router to either 1, or 11.

This helped me as i couldn't connect to various things that needed to be downloaded.

This could fix it, could not, but its a start....

Thanks fuzzai, this was done already but still not fix. Thanks for your advise anyway

I'm having the same problem. I changed the channel setting to 1 and the router is within direct line of sight. I have a Linksys WRT54G v5 router. I'll post again if I find a solution.

It's not a problem with your router.

A lot of people are having problems with the shop. I find that it locks up about two times out of three. Sometimes it locks the Wii up completely so that there's nothing I can do and none of the buttons work. I then have to hold the power button for a few seconds to reset it.

But I generally get there eventually. Perseverance is the answer!

Worked like a charm.

Since I changed the router's channel during a connection attempt that was apparently failing, I had to shut down the console with the power button (hold it in for a few seconds) and then power it up again. The old "try restarting" paradigm applies to consoles too.

On the second try the connection worked like a charm. I'm content now that it's working, but it's sort of a pain that Nintendo didn't add any error detection for a connection failure... you're just left staring at that "connecting" screen until you power down the console. Hopefully they can fix this with some future console updates.

Last edited:
Back