My Wii Died

I'm pretty sure one of a few things possibly happened here.

A) your firmware DL was somehow corrupted

B) during the firmware flash process there was an unexpected error, and perhaps it didn't fully flash the bios

C) your bios had bad memory sectors, this can cause bios' to possibly read fine from the factory, but not be able to accept a flash properly.

Any of these problems and you're basically screwed, anytime you update the firmware on any device there is a small chance of something like this happening. Unfortunately if you want to access certain functionality of the Wii such as the online store you MUST update your Wii, unlike updating the firmware on lets say your router where the manufacturer will say don't upgrade the firmware unless you are having problems.

intekmdma said:
unless of user error.. such as unplugging the system while updating... Comon' people who wants to test that theory.
Ummmmmmm....... Me... I just got too nervous and it took soooo long so i turned the power off like 2 times... the 2nd time i was seeing if i cood configure the internet settings without the update. In the end i just fell asleep during the updates... :thumbsup:

dan99iel said:
Ummmmmmm....... Me... I just got too nervous and it took soooo long so i turned the power off like 2 times... the 2nd time i was seeing if i cood configure the internet settings without the update. In the end i just fell asleep during the updates... :thumbsup:

That's one thing you definately should NOT do!

Thank God the Wii isn't made by Microsoft! :hand:

BrandonMcAuslan said:
I live in the UK and downloaded the updates soon as I got it set up. Took about 5 mins? no probs at all.

Yeah same here worked fine, registered my Nintendo VIP account thingy aswell so going to link that when I get home, plus add the Wii points that should of arrived today, all going well so far!
No just got to get good at some of the games!!!!

@ 1st post

I have the same problem. Configured Wireless, ran the update and it jammed, twice...
Third time, the update finally worked, but I got the burn-in thing, whatever it means.
All three times, it took me 20 tries to get the WiiMote working again. Finally everything worked, played some sports and tried to create another Mii, which it couldn't save for some reason. I thought, forget it, I'll just use another Mii and then it asked me if I wanted to format the system. I never read in any book or on any forum that I should've chosen "YES", because the screen went black and when I tried to reset the thing, I got the following message:

“The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.”

The manual referred me to the internet (why not immedeately send me to the internet?) and I have sent an e-mail to Technical Service just under an hour ago.
I really don't want to send my Wii back, I just want to play Zelda which I bought today... :mad5:

Back