My wii isnt working....

Koski8

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
Alright, i duno what happened, but my wii wont turn on. I went to sleep and it rained while i was sleeping so im thinkin a power surge? Anyone have any ideas?

Does anything els that takes electricity from the Outlet or in the house turning on??? If so then take it to a friends house and see if it works there..

all my other electricity is working fine, i even pluged something else into the same outlet and it worked fine

Try blowing through the holes in the back of the Wii... And if that doesent work just go to one of your freinds house or your nabors and see if it works.. Im not sure what to say... Iff all els fails, Return it for another.. Sorry

alright thank you for the help. does anyone know how long the initial warranty lasts?

If you didn't register your product with Nintendo online, then your warrenty is shorter (I'm not sure exactly how many days.) The extended one, if you had registered, is 90 days.

ijust read in the manual that it lasts for 12 months

My mates PC stopped working after a power surge, everything else worked and after days it still wasnt working. Then her dad (electrical engineer) called and told her to disconnect all the wires, check the outlet (which youve done) and after connecting it again it started working...weirdest thing ever :S You tried disconnecting the power cable and reconnecting? Slim chance but still...

Yeah - Nintendo's waranty for the Wii is 1 year. If you register it online at Nintendo.com then it becomes 1 year + 3 months.

You might just want to call up Nintendo and talk to them about getting a new one. Yours seems to have bit the dust.

Back