Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

need for speed pro street??

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by cesc04, Dec 1, 2007.

1. cesc04

cesc04 D.K.= Baller

who's played pro street cause of what ive read it sounds like the controls are ridiculous. and theres no option to use the game cube controller. can some one please tell how the game play is with the ridiculous controls.

2. wiiman14

wiiman14 Hello-Moto/Go Leafs Go!!!

The controle is okay but the gameplay is Awsome!!!

3. Dzapper

Dzapper Akatsuki Assassin

Wii Friend Code: 4627-4261-3182-4550
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Well, considering that Mario Kart Wii is coming pretty soon, I would just wait for that if I were you. But if you are considering it, rent it first. I heard the DS version was pretty good though, plus it has online play(Wii version doesn't). So it seems like you get more for your buck from the portable version.

4. FR.

FR. Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 4253-4708-4555-0363
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Do not buy the game. I'm not just saying this because it got bad reviews, I'm saying this because I've actually played the game and the mechanics are horrible. Steering is horrible, like Auto Modellista if you've ever played that game.

I would wait for Mario Kart in Q1 2008 if that series has interested you. With the online play, the replay value will be much better than Double Dash.

5. knoxbox

knoxbox WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2067-6457-2250-9081
    2067-6457-2250-9081
    everyone says the controls are ridiculous are they like the last need for speed carbon cause if thats the case u can modify the controls in the options menu... my perference is the nunchuck anolog stick for turning and pulling it back to ebrake and wiimote is the throttle down for more gas pull it back for brake and reverse

6. stewart01

stewart01 WiiChat Member

I found the controls OK.. they aren't complicated. I don't see why people have a problem with them.

My major grip with the game that is it far too easy: I won every race so far ( 5 race days ) on my first attempt without practising. I'm playing on medium difficultly. Sorry, but even on medium should have to practice the course at minimum several times to be even competitive.

7. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Do you think Nintendo will use the nunchuck to steer on Mario Kart? if so ill be very disappointed.

8. FR.

FR. Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 4253-4708-4555-0363
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    No, turning in Mario Kart Wii will be used with the WiiWheel™. It was announced at E3 along with the game.

[​IMG]

9. raidafan

raidafan WiiChat Member

^The wii wheel looks sweet.

10. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Uhh, same thing... the while is just something to let you hold it better. Anyway, thats gonna suck. I hope you can change controls to using the stick.

11. knoxbox

knoxbox WiiChat Member

2067-6457-2250-9081
    i agree u'll be far more competitive using the analog stick over the wheel, but then agian i got pretty good at drifting gt pro series using the wheel. so does that wheel come with mario kart or do you have to purchase it seperatly?

12. wiiman14

Well if you do get it, the announcer is really annoying and you better get used to the name Ryan Cooper lol.

#12 wiiman14, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  13. knoxbox

knoxbox WiiChat Member

2067-6457-2250-9081
    my name is ryan so that shouldn't be to hard, and im sure there is a option to disable the announcer?!?!?! least i'd hope, had to do that in a few motorcycle games were the announcers are just plain annoying.. im about to do that in monster jam if it has the option haven't checked, but hearing... "the worlds most famous monster truck... GRAVE DIGGER" before every race gets annoying or hearing "The only monster truck with 7 championships MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION" each truck has their own announcement before every race so depending on the truck you are it can get very annoying.

14. wiiman14

From what I know, You can't change your name or the announcer voice.

15. knoxbox

knoxbox WiiChat Member

2067-6457-2250-9081
    hmm so is it more storyline based or is it still like the old carbon just newer stuff?

16. cesc04

cesc04 D.K.= Baller

thats for the input i think ill just rent it to see what u guys r talking about

17. knoxbox

knoxbox WiiChat Member

2067-6457-2250-9081
    can't rent games i almost always forget to return them... lol i don't think there is a video game rental place here in knoxville or surrounding areas that would even let me rent one LOL... i think some are trying to pursue lawsuits from super nintendo days LOL j/k

18. MMACH 5

MMACH 5 WiiChat Member

That's the same set up I used in Carbon. Using the nunchuck stick steering is the only thing that saved Carbon for me. I would have quit playing it altogether if not for that.

Unfortunately, they yanked the control customization in ProStreet.
    I'd like to meet whoever told them, "Hey, analog stick driving is lame. Let's just do it with a free-floating remote." Because this guy deserves a kick in the throat. Plenty of the Wii games actually lend themselves to a controller that is not attached to anything. However, when you are in a real car, what part of driving is NOT connected to something? From what I have read, EA had to dumb down the car damage feature on the Wii, since the steering was so sketchy. Quite an asinine approach to game development.

I got the game today and played it for about an hour. I got bored because of two things. Same looking tracks over and over again. No free roam or police chases.
    On top of all that, I think I'd rather subject myself to a double root canal than listen to the announcer babble on. When I fire it back up again, I'm checking the audio options to try and shut him up.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in this release. However, since my kids got it for me for my birthday, they are expecting me to keep playing it. So I'll be fighting through it and maybe I won't completely hate it, by the time I'm through.

Is it just me or did NFS peak with the Most Wanted version?

19. MMACH 5

MMACH 5 WiiChat Member

That's the same set up I used in Carbon. Using the nunchuck stick steering is the only thing that saved Carbon for me. I would have quit playing it altogether if not for that.

Unfortunately, they yanked the control customization in ProStreet.
    I'd like to meet whoever told them, "Hey, analog stick driving is lame. Let's just do it with a free-floating remote." Because this guy deserves a kick in the throat. Plenty of the Wii games actually lend themselves to a controller that is not attached to anything. However, when you are in a real car, what part of driving is NOT connected to something? From what I have read, EA had to dumb down the car damage feature on the Wii, since the steering was so sketchy. Quite an asinine approach to game development.

I got the game today and played it for about an hour. I got bored because of two things. Same looking tracks over and over again. No free roam or police chases.
    On top of all that, I think I'd rather subject myself to a double root canal than listen to the announcer babble on. When I fire it back up again, I'm checking the audio options to try and shut him up.

Overall, I'm very disappointed in this release. However, since my kids got it for me for my birthday, they are expecting me to keep playing it. So I'll be fighting through it and trying like hell to enjoy myself.

Is it just me or did NFS peak with the Most Wanted version?

20. anthonym2006

anthonym2006 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6124-9631-1627-3356
    6124-9631-1627-3356

You could wait.....but Mario Kart Wii will be a totally different racing game compared to NFS:proStreet. So, It's okay if you do get both. I have not heard anything bad about NFS and I know Mario Kart Wii will be AWESOME