need for speed pro street??

cesc04

D.K.= Baller
Oct 20, 2007
who's played pro street cause of what ive read it sounds like the controls are ridiculous. and theres no option to use the game cube controller. can some one please tell how the game play is with the ridiculous controls.

Well, considering that Mario Kart Wii is coming pretty soon, I would just wait for that if I were you. But if you are considering it, rent it first. I heard the DS version was pretty good though, plus it has online play(Wii version doesn't). So it seems like you get more for your buck from the portable version.

Do not buy the game. I'm not just saying this because it got bad reviews, I'm saying this because I've actually played the game and the mechanics are horrible. Steering is horrible, like Auto Modellista if you've ever played that game.

I would wait for Mario Kart in Q1 2008 if that series has interested you. With the online play, the replay value will be much better than Double Dash.

everyone says the controls are ridiculous are they like the last need for speed carbon cause if thats the case u can modify the controls in the options menu... my perference is the nunchuck anolog stick for turning and pulling it back to ebrake and wiimote is the throttle down for more gas pull it back for brake and reverse

I found the controls OK.. they aren't complicated. I don't see why people have a problem with them.

My major grip with the game that is it far too easy: I won every race so far ( 5 race days ) on my first attempt without practising. I'm playing on medium difficultly. Sorry, but even on medium should have to practice the course at minimum several times to be even competitive.

T3kNi9e said:
Do you think Nintendo will use the nunchuck to steer on Mario Kart? if so ill be very disappointed.
No, turning in Mario Kart Wii will be used with the WiiWheel™. It was announced at E3 along with the game.

wheelx.jpg

FR. said:
No, turning in Mario Kart Wii will be used with the WiiWheel™. It was announced at E3 along with the game.

wheelx.jpg

Uhh, same thing... the while is just something to let you hold it better. Anyway, thats gonna suck. I hope you can change controls to using the stick.

T3kNi9e said:
Uhh, same thing... the while is just something to let you hold it better. Anyway, thats gonna suck. I hope you can change controls to using the stick.
i agree u'll be far more competitive using the analog stick over the wheel, but then agian i got pretty good at drifting gt pro series using the wheel. so does that wheel come with mario kart or do you have to purchase it seperatly?

Well if you do get it, the announcer is really annoying and you better get used to the name Ryan Cooper lol.

Last edited:
wiiman14 said:
Well if you do get it, the anoucer is really ignoing and you better get used to the name Ryan Cooper lol.
my name is ryan so that shouldn't be to hard, and im sure there is a option to disable the announcer?!?!?! least i'd hope, had to do that in a few motorcycle games were the announcers are just plain annoying.. im about to do that in monster jam if it has the option haven't checked, but hearing... "the worlds most famous monster truck... GRAVE DIGGER" before every race gets annoying or hearing "The only monster truck with 7 championships MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION" each truck has their own announcement before every race so depending on the truck you are it can get very annoying.

knoxbox said:
my name is ryan so that shouldn't be to hard, and im sure there is a option to disable the announcer?!?!?! least i'd hope, had to do that in a few motorcycle games were the announcers are just plain annoying.. im about to do that in monster jam if it has the option haven't checked, but hearing... "the worlds most famous monster truck... GRAVE DIGGER" before every race gets annoying or hearing "The only monster truck with 7 championships MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION" each truck has their own announcement before every race so depending on the truck you are it can get very annoying.
From what I know, You can't change your name or the announcer voice.

Back