new consoles for the japanese

Neo Geo facts from my friday night beer addled mind - a machine from SNK released only in asia as far as i know. Back in my master system days i used to dream of getting one (along with a PC Engine), as they were always advertised in the ads in the back pages of gamer mags (PC Format and Amiga format anyone?:)).

Anyways, the Neo Geo was basically all the guts of SNK's (then)current crop of arcade machines wedged into an ugly looking box, the games weren't ports they were actual rom dumps on a cart (i think). So they were exactly the same without having to shove 10p's in. I seem to recall that there was even a way to transfer saves between certain games and their arcade counterparts - but why anyone would pay to play a game they already had at home for free is beyond me.

...My god i feel old now, seems like such a long time ago - cause it bloody well was!!!

Right back to the beer and lurking for me.

Yep, just go to wikipedia and do a search for "neo geo" and this is what you get.

Seems that even with a skinfull of ale my random old video game facts are still almost correct :)

MSX and NEO-GEO will be out in over countrys on the Virtual console later this year even the end of this year

Neo Geo facts from my friday night beer addled mind - a machine from SNK released only in asia as far as i know. Back in my master system days i used to dream of getting one (along with a PC Engine),
Nope, it was released in the US as well. I had one and it was sweet. However, the games were WAY too expensive ($200). However, you could find them for $50 used at times - which is the most I ever paid.

Back