New feature for a Wi-fi game!

JT.

A glitch in life
Apr 16, 2007
We all love wii points, but we all hate buying them. So imagine, a game which would let you earn Wii points!

Well, my idea is, you have an online game, and depending on how you rank, changes how many wii points you receive. This could be implemented into games, such as Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, which has multiplayer games with up to 32 players. The matches would be limited to random ones, as this would prevent cheating Wii points with the help of friends.

The prizes would be:
1st place: 50 wii points
2nd: 20
3rd: 10
4th: 5
5-10: 1

or something similar. This would mean, that by ranking first in 20 games, you would earn yourself a N64 game (Not bad, eh?)

This would bring down Wii Point sales, but would increase the sales of the games with this implemented feature. By getting the balances right, by how much you win each match, Nintendo could increase their income, and we would all be happier:yesnod:.

i like this idea but don't think it would happen, but maybe if nintendo made a new type of currency instead of wii points such as game points and participating games could let you win game points for playing online and you use those to get maybe specail games or items for your wii you buy with the game points you get

Nice Idea, but ninty would have to re-think the whole thing. I dont think they wil do it. But you never know.

This idea has been brought up before, in a discussion on whether or not Wii gaming online should be like xbox live, I agree that you should be able to earn Wii points, but it most likely will never happen.

You know what would be cool would be to have online Wii poker tournaments using Wii points as the buy in and then pay out accordingly. (Sorry I'm on a poker kick right now)

Gambling on the Wii?!? Remember, the Wii is made for the whole family, and I don't think they want to be encouraging gambling. I would love it though.

Exactly for the whole family, am I not a part of the fam?:D I think it would be pretty sweet.

They could make a game similar to triplejack, an online poker game, which uses virtual money. You could than trade the virtual money into Wii points, but not the other way, so that there's no losing wii points, only gaining. Although nobpdy would purchase Wii points any more, so scrap that idea...

no, it wont happen, esp. not in a third party game, but even if it was a first party game it wouldnt happen.

Good idea, but people will find a way to cheat. It's happened.
It would be awesome if it happened.

yeah people would cheat somehow, those guys usually don't like the concept of giving money away too. It would be from a third party game unless they signed an agreement with nintendo, which makes it more unlikely. it'd be cool though.

ha you know what's really a gimmick? Gamer Points, people compete (it's ranked) to buy Xbox games!

I think its a great idea, but I don't think that Nintendo would pick up on it. They are already earning a solid income from the VC titles, so I don't think that they would want to change anything surrounding it.

True, it won't happen. I just wish we could get wii points without paying for them. It's really annoying to have to pay €5 for an NES game. The SNES games are a little over priced, as well as Megadrive games, and the only ones which have a proper price in my opinion are N64 games. I don't buy turbografX games, so I don't care about the prices on them. What really annoys me, is the fact that I have an SNES, with over 50 titles, BUT it's broken, and to play my games I need to re-buy them for €8 each.

JT. said:
True, it won't happen. I just wish we could get wii points without paying for them. It's really annoying to have to pay €5 for an NES game. The SNES games are a little over priced, as well as Megadrive games, and the only ones which have a proper price in my opinion are N64 games. I don't buy turbografX games, so I don't care about the prices on them. What really annoys me, is the fact that I have an SNES, with over 50 titles, BUT it's broken, and to play my games I need to re-buy them for €8 each.
Buy another one off ebay or someplace online. I'm sure if you tried you could find another and would cost you a lot less in the end.

I thought of that, but I bet after a week the insides would burn up. 15 years is quite a while for hardware to last, but if I could find an unused SNES then I might get it. Plus, people charge quite an amount for them. I might just get a good emulator, and hook my computer to my TV, but I'll have to get two of those things you attach controllers to TV's with. And you can't get mario ROM's anymore on the internet, at least not easily...

Back