New firmware 1.80

GamerCon

WiiChat Member
May 23, 2007
The next big PS3 update hits tomorrow, bringing with it a slew of new functionality to Sony's big black console. At the top of the list (at least where I am concerned) is upscaling PlayStation and PS2 games as well as DVDs to full 1080p resolution. This could very well mean that my beloved PS2 could finally be hitting the closet.

Also included is Remote Play via the internet, allowing users to connect their PSP to their PS3 from anywhere in the world via broadband internet connection for some odd reason. Can't say I'd find this particularly useful.

Then there is support for streaming media from DLNA3 enabled devices (computers, laptops, etc.) directly to your PS3, which is of course nifty except I have a PC hooked up to my television already. Oh, and you can print photos from your PS3 to certain Epson printers, but odds are if you have an Epson printer you have a PC you print from anyway.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/welcome-tomorrow/ps3-firmware-180-tomorrow-262852.php

It won't update for mee! :( It just gets to 1 or 2% and then it stops saying...

"An error has occurred.
(8002F994)"

Any help please? :)

Yea that's coming out later on psp I heard... the media sharing thing is quite amazing... but mine keeps disconnecting for some reason... maybe because my router is upstairs and the Ps3's downstairs, bad signal, maybe.

I know, download it from your PC then install it that way. Do you have a PSP or thumb drive you can get a hold of?

I fixed it now... I did something weird with my internet and it worked... I tried downloading it from the PC and it did the same thing, went up to 2% then the download finished, but now it's fixed. Thanks anyway

Ah well glad you got it to work. Now play those PS games in 1080p HD

After the update, games and movies look MUCH better.

Sony keeps making this system 100% better with each update. I love it.

Remember when it was released? PS2 and PS1 games had flipped pixels!

Now, they are upconverted to 1080p.

Amazing.

This is one the best upconversion DVD players I've seen. I'm actually using the PS3 over my own upconverting DVD player. It's beating Faroujda's processing in my eyes.

Back