PS3: Pros & Cons

I have and always will be a nintendo fan although I still like playing my ps1 on the odd occasion. But I just have to say some things about your pros. Blu-ray is a technology that is too expensive and will prbly not last very long. If ps2 is the leader in gaming industry then why r wiis and 360s outselling them. Ok the 360 was released a year earlier but the wii and ps3 were released only a few days apart. The wii is backwards compatible with gc games and the virtual console includes games from i think 5 different consoles. The wii will soon hav a web browser. wii connects with the ds and Nintendo basically created the idea of connencting the portable to the console. The wii has excellent third party support and so does 360. finally why do we need a 60 gig hard drive any way?

WhiteSnake007 said:
I have and always will be a nintendo fan although I still like playing my ps1 on the odd occasion. But I just have to say some things about your pros. Blu-ray is a technology that is too expensive and will prbly not last very long. If ps2 is the leader in gaming industry then why r wiis and 360s outselling them. Ok the 360 was released a year earlier but the wii and ps3 were released only a few days apart. The wii is backwards compatible with gc games and the virtual console includes games from i think 5 different consoles. The wii will soon hav a web browser. wii connects with the ds and Nintendo basically created the idea of connencting the portable to the console. The wii has excellent third party support and so does 360. finally why do we need a 60 gig hard drive any way?

Blu ray is expensive because its a newer format. Manufacturers have announced a drop in the blue ray prices. click here http://www.gosale.com/show_product....-disc-player?gclid=CK7V0Oa1zYkCFQOYWAodrSh4Yg

Thats already a $300 price drop. It will keep getting more.

The ps3 can play most ps2 and ps1 games, and with firmware updates it will soon play all of them. You can even download games from the ps store just like the nintendo store. The ps2 has outsold the 360 and wii put together. I dont know why you said otherwise????

The wii alrwady has a web browser. I dont know why you said that either. The ps3 has one too, but I like the wiis a tad better.

You can connect the psp to the ps3. Nintendo didnt invent anything.

Nintendo has terrible third party support. Alot stricter rules than sonys. Why do you think all the games for nintendo are geared towards a younger generation? Thats how nintendo wants it.

ok first im sorry i said ps2 leading industry wut i meant was ps3 my mistake. but you should hav caught that when i said the 360 was released a year earlier. and the ps3 supports games from ps1 ps2 and ps3 (three consoles), wii supports games from wii NES SNES N64 Sega genesis Turbografx and gc (7 consoles). There is no way sony could have a larger downloadable library than nintendo. O and you could connect a gameboy advance to gc long ago. and sooooory about any other mistake i made.

The biggest con is that people feel the need to argue about it!
People get mad at each other because of it (or any other console, really)
Insults are fired, e-pen0rs are attempted to enlarge, and childish acitivities carry on!

But it's a con here, because the Xbox 360 on here is like Hawaii.
It's just chilling out way out there in the ocean.

The PS3 came out alongside the Wii (well, 2 days difference, anyways), and so it had hype. The wii had hype.

This is a wii forum, so there's more hype for it than here, and bam, leads to insults.

Oh, you forgot one...
ONLY ONE GOOD GAME... Resistance: Fall of Man. ****in' awesome, addicting game, but it's the only good one on the PS3 right now. And still... $62?! Resistance might be worth that much, but no other games, even if they were good.
Just so you know, I have a PS3, so I'm speaking from what experience I've gained so far. And the fact that it doesn't come with an HDMI cable makes me wanna stap Ken Kutaragi, or whoeverthe**** is president of Sony Corp...

Two things Sony will need to recover.
1. Lower their game prices, not raise them.
2. Fix the PS3 overheating flaw. Yes I said it. The system can overheat worse than the 360!

Not everyone experiences the overheating issues. But I myself have played a PS3 and about 20 mins in the thing crashed on me on certain games.

sagema said:
2. Fix the PS3 overheating flaw. Yes I said it. The system can overheat worse than the 360!

Not everyone experiences the overheating issues. But I myself have played a PS3 and about 20 mins in the thing crashed on me on certain games.
lol, like sonic the hedgehog at E3? xD

anyways, there are many cons/pros about ps3, and sony fans hate nintendo.... or their not loyal sony fans. same for nintendo fans. 360 fans are jokes that really have no purpose in life... anyways, i know nintendo screwed sony, im not 100% against ps3 fans, maybe 50%. the games are what keep me in touch with the companies, cause the developers do what ever the hell they want....
SHAME ON YOU DEVS! :nono:

climbatiz said:
lol, like sonic the hedgehog at E3? xD

anyways, there are many cons/pros about ps3, and sony fans hate nintendo.... or their not loyal sony fans. same for nintendo fans. 360 fans are jokes that really have no purpose in life... anyways, i know nintendo screwed sony, im not 100% against ps3 fans, maybe 50%. the games are what keep me in touch with the companies, cause the developers do what ever the hell they want....
SHAME ON YOU DEVS! :nono:

I own both and im a fan of both. How did nintendo screw sony?

re

sagema said:

1. They are same price as 360 games. Target had a sale on ps3 games for $45.
2. mine has never overheated.

360 is hard to overheat,:confused: :confused: ive had mine on for over 36 hours, you just get some slowdowns on intense parts

Wii&Ps3 said:
I own both and im a fan of both. How did nintendo screw sony?

Nintendo screwed sony when they planned a CD add-on for the snes, which ultimately ended up with sony getting pissed off and using what nintendo had taught them about consoles to make the PS1... IMO i dont think sony would be a player in the games industry if it werent for nintendo :incazzato:

Back