New Games the Week of Jan. 20th

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
As per IGN...Endless Ocean and No More Heros should be the popular ones.

Endless Ocean - Jan 21 - $29.99
EndlessOceanFinalBoxboxart_160w.jpg

Navigating their way through the depths of the ocean using the Wii remote, players guide their character using the pointer's cursor, visible as a bright blue dot. When players wish to interact with fish or plants they can highlight them with the pointer and press the A Button. By doing so, players discover new species and build up their fish log. What’s more you can also befriend companions like a dolphin which will become your partner and with whom you can train and swim with.

Kawasaki Jet Ski - Jan 22 - $19.99
KawasakiJetSkiboxart_160w.jpg

No description...

No More Heroes - Jan 22 - $49.99
NoMoreHeroesWiiBoxartboxart_160w.jpg

In this adventure game directed by Goichi Suda (of Killer 7 fame), you play as Travis Touchdown, a normal guy (with an otaku geek streak to him) who wins a Beam Katana through an online auction and uses the weapon to start a new career as a professional killer. One day, an assassin named Helter Skelter appears before Travis and the two face off in a battle. Travis emerges victorious and finds himself in the presence of Silvia Christel, a mysterious French woman who claims to be an agent with the UAA. Silvia gives Travis official rank of 11 in the organization. Now, it's up to you to become #1.

No More Heroes takes place in the city of Santa Destroy, and you are free to explore the town to your liking, taking on missions large and small to collect money and purchase new weapons as you work up towards the 10 main killing contracts. Gameplay is all about using your Beam Katana (via Wii remote) to defeat enemies.

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure - Jan 22 - $39.99
OnePieceWiiFinalBoxboxart_160w.jpg

In One Piece: Unlimited Adventure, the motley Straw Hat Pirates find themselves stranded in a mysterious land after a massive island rises to the ocean surface from underneath their pirate ship. Players must assume the role of their favorite One Piece persona and explore this newly formed terrain to uncover the secrets and powers that lie within this isle.

With the Wii remote and Nunchuck controller, players pull, turn and swing to battle nefarious villains using each character’s own unique set of moves including Luffy’s Gum Gum Storm and Nami's Cyclone Tempo. Gamers can also journey through the exclusive new storyline in Adventure Mode using one of eight Straw Hat pirates or test their skills in Survival Mode and Vs. Mode to unlock more than 40 additional playable swashbucklers.

Already prepurchased NMH, but I wanna see more reviews!! I was quite surprised that there aren't any more surfacing..

-M

No More Heroes is the only one I am for sure buying.
Endless Ocean will end up being a renter, although my local Best Buy has it going for around 29.99/39.99 (I forget which one), so its not a horrible buy.

Yay for No More Heroes! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy even though I don't have a Wii to play it on. We'll see how well Ubisoft supplies the game.

Isn't anyone excited for Kawasaki Jet Ski!!!!:lol:

Question - when I link images, how come they disappear after a little while...any tips?

Back