New Games Week of February 22

ResEvilWii

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2009
Just 2 games...

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop - Feb 24 - $39.99
dead_rising_wii001boxart_160w.jpg

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop delivers a more immersive, intuitive and interactive experience as players use the Wii Remote to shoot, slash and bludgeon their way through a zombie infested shopping mall, fighting for survival. The game follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance journalist on a hunt for the scoop of a lifetime. In pursuit of a juicy lead, he makes his way to the small suburban town of Willamette only to find that it has become overrun by zombies. Frank escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety but it turns out to be anything but. It will be a true struggle to survive the endless stream of enemies, but players will have full reign of a realistic shopping center and its varied stores offering an endless supply of real and makeshift weapons to fight off the flesh-hungry mob. If Frank is running low on health he can pay a visit to one of the many restaurants or cafes for a meal in order to restore his energy and continue the fight. It's a brutal fight, but with no end in sight to this zombie onslaught, Frank bides his time by messing around with a variety of comedic costumes and making use of improvised and sometimes highly ineffective weapons such as a toy sword or a football.

Yamaha Supercross - Feb 24 - $19.99
YamahaBoxWiiboxart_160w.jpg

Compete against the world's fastest off-road racers, tearing through stadiums in front of thousands of screaming fans, in Yamaha Supercross. Rev the engines of the best Yamaha high-performance off-road motorcycles, and battle for the elusive checkered flag that signifies your greatness. The twisted man-made tracks feature surprising stutter-bumps, tight turns, tough terrain, breakneck straightaways, and the signature triple-jumps that will push you to your limit as you and the other racers are hurtled skyward toward the finish line. Perform a variety of hair-raising tricks to score fan points as you progress toward the Championship on a mission to win Gold. Are you strong enough to be #1?

Not such a good week for games.

Yamaha Supercross is published by DSI so instantly equals shovelware.

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop scored a 7/10 in its first review and by the sounds of it IGN will score it the same or lower. They really slammed the game in their latest podcast saying that the zombies pop up out of nowhere and just stand around a lot of the time. About the nicest thing they said about it was at least Wii owners can play it and dream about what it was like on the 360!

Still in about 3 weeks the totally awesome Madworld will be out which they say is going to be the game of the year unless something truely spectacular is released. For it to be put above the likes of Streetfighter 4 and RE:5 already means it is going to be a very special game indeed.

Last edited:
Probably will be getting Dead Rising. The only reason it gets bad reviews is cause its not the 360 version. I still think it'll be a good buy.

Probably will be getting Dead Rising. The only reason it gets bad reviews is cause its not the 360 version. I still think it'll be a good buy.

I'm sure people will still find fun in it but it definitely doesn't sound like Capcom delivered on their promises. They said there'd be up to 100 zombies on screen and there isn't; apparantly the 15 or so that we've seen in screenshots is about the maximum (except in cut scenes). Controls are pretty much the same as RE:4, just with a bit more waggle. I guess as it's not a full price game (only $40) it may be worth it but I think I'll just play through RE:4 again.

I don't think DR:CTYD is for players who have already played the 360 version, but otherwise I think people that haven't will find it fun.

I'll hopefully get Dead Rising, but the game I'm most excited for in the weeks to come is DEFINATELY Madworld. That game looks SWEEEEEEET!

^Yeah, I'll get MadWorld eventually too, but I can only afford to buy a game once in a while and I've been anticipating Dead Rising longer.

Back