New Laptop!

Supermariomp3

WiiChat Member
Jul 3, 2006
I need some advice you guys. I saved up about 600 dollars for a new laptop (old one broke) and I don't really no anything about laptops (my mom bought my last one). I was hoping you guys can recommend me one.
I'm pretty much going to use it for web-surfing, word processing, some simple editing of movies and photos, and some light gaming. It has to be light & slim since I travel a lot.:yesnod: :wink: :smilewinkgrin:

I'm selling a Sony Vaio on eBay... I would tell you to buy it, but, it's broken. xD

Sony Vaios are realy good, so are Macs.

i would try to get one w/ a core 2 duo proc, there way beter than pentiums

and that computer would NOT be good for gaming, it has an integrated graphics card which is ****

Last edited:
pizzaluvr said:

and that computer would NOT be good for gaming, it has an integrated graphics card which is ****

My cheap ass graphics card is capable of playing heavy games of warcraft 3, which is abuot medium-gaming, heavy gaming is like all settings with F.E.A.R. and i know that graphics card is better than mine.

whats your graphics card?? is it o a desktop? if it is then it's better because integrated ones use the cpu to make the graphics, and share system ram etc. it's especially bad on a lappy because they normally don't have very good procs

Sovieto said:
Here, I made this to your needs, it should be able to handle light gaming, well, maybe medium-gaming. So here it is. Under $600! I customized it myself to what I would think you like.
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=iB130S2&s=dhs

If you just want to make one yourself, start here:http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/notebooks?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
Thanks Sovieto, I just might look into it.
But does anyone know where I can get a cheap macbook or a used one for 600 dollars or under. Because I heard that you can have both Mac OSX and windows xp on it at the same time and that would really help me.:aureola: :smilewinkgrin: :yesnod:

Laptop problem solved!

Ok, I couldn't find a low priced macbook so I'm going to buy the Dell laptop that Sovieto customized. The specs are perfect for what I'm going to do with it, so laptop problem solved. I guess you can used the thread for talking about laptops or desktops or whatever.
Peace!:yesnod:

Cool, I think I am going to be getting a Lapy soon. I was thining the 12" Dell XPS withthe 256 MB Video card. I use Macs at home for doing audio work but I am going to be using the laptop really just for surfing, word proc, lots of gaming, and VERY little Audio Editing as I hate doing real work on PCs.

Supermariomp3 said:
Ok, I couldn't find a low priced macbook so I'm going to buy the Dell laptop that Sovieto customized. The specs are perfect for what I'm going to do with it, so laptop problem solved. I guess you can used the thread for talking about laptops or desktops or whatever.
Peace!:yesnod:

Basicly, when your "light gaming" having other programs up, like browsers, AIM, and along thoes lines, it might make it slower, or not. I'm not 100% sure but all graphics cards these days can handle games made atleast 1.5 years ago. Glad I could help! :yesnod:

pizzaluvr said:

I think one of those would cost way more than 600, lol.

Sovieto said:
Basicly, when your "light gaming" having other programs up, like browsers, AIM, and along thoes lines, it might make it slower, or not. I'm not 100% sure but all graphics cards these days can handle games made atleast 1.5 years ago. Glad I could help! :yesnod:

yes, but the computer you recommended doesn't have a gfx card

but it doesn't have a gpu, or dedicated memory, it shares off of the systems allready low 512 mbs, and the systems proc, which is pretty crappy to

Back