New Nights Screens (Incredible!)

Major Tom

Uss Clan *****
Jan 5, 2007
The Command Cluster
Wii Online Code
5935-0595-2673-3600
nights.jpg

The graphics look incredible in some of those screenshots.

Yeah!!!!!!!! This'll be awesome!(sad how many times I've said that about the Wii -.-')

Those graphics do look incredible. Is this game only available in Japan, or is this just a Japanese ad? I hope it will be coming to the US. Look like a fantastic game.

Its coming here in November dude. Or October?! I think November. Hang on.

US October okay then October. Nov. for EU.

Major Tom said:
I've never seen graphics that great on the Wii.

Probably because the Wii is not graphically strong in relation to other consoles on the market.

(edit: as in, doesn't have enough horsepower.)

dushkin said:
Probably because the Wii is not graphically strong in relation to other consoles on the market.

(edit: as in, doesn't have enough horsepower.)

Woooow, thanks for stating the obvious.

Major Tom said:
I've never seen graphics that great on the Wii.
Wait till you see a large image and you can see how great the graphics on the Wii really are!

nights-journey-of-dreams-20070424105717684.jpg

whats nights about anyway?
i knows theres 1 for the dreamcast....(pretty sure) but never played it

FR. said:
Those graphics do look incredible. Is this game only available in Japan, or is this just a Japanese ad? I hope it will be coming to the US. Look like a fantastic game.

Nights into Dreams was a very addictive game on the Sega Saturn 10 years ago - the graphics in these shots do certainly look smoother than the Saturn version but it was the animation that really shone through - the feeling of flying in 3D space was excellent - Sega also released a smaller 'demo' game with Christmas Nights..., which if I remember rightly came with a magazine at the time and that actually utilised the internal clock and actually showed the time of year in the game - i.e. winter, spring etc... a bit like animal crossing on the DS.

reviewxmasnights-2.jpg

Above Xmas Nights title and below Into Dreams gameplay

243837619_c22e931c69_o.jpg

The control system deserved a redesigned joystick at the time which was bundled with the game - it certainly had some thought put into it - let's hope that they make this as good as the original..

Last edited:
som1 said:
whats nights about anyway?
i knows theres 1 for the dreamcast....(pretty sure) but never played it

Didn't see this before my previous post....

ciao.co.uk says...
Nights Into Dreams is a platform game, instead or running around, you're mainly flying instead and collecting orbs to smash open the magical globe that holds the mystical magic gems. You can play as either Claris or Eliot, with their own unique story line each; you will venture through over five levels per character, including having to face the evil dark lord Wizeman. In a dream, that suddenly becomes a fearful nightmare, will you be able to fight to save Nightopia? Discover the true magic inside your souls as you fly through many levels, fight giant monstrous bosses and face your worst nightmares and take down the evil Wizeman and bring peace back to the land of Nightopia.

At the beginning of each level, you will have all of the magical gems, and you get attacked by small monsters, and they fly away with the orbs. Then you move onto where you merge with Nights, and take to the air, to try and recover the lost gems. You go a certain route constantly per each gem, so you go one way, you get the magical gem, and then you end up going around another route. You can gain the gems by collecting blue orbs, which are floating around in the air; you can get them by flying to them. You need to acquire around twenty blue orbs, so you can use your power to destroy the mystical prison that it gets trapped in. At the end of each level, you get ranked on how well you do from A - F (A being best) and then you will have to face a despicable being that works under the evil tyranny of Wizeman. When you merge with Nights, watch out because you have a certain time limit to get each orb, or you run out of power, and go back to your normal self, and have to end up going back to the podium where Nights is, but watch out, when your on foot, you have a giant clock chasing after you, want to beam you up so then it becomes game over, so watch out.

You play as either a boy or girl - and run around a dream like environment until you get to transform into the spirit by reaching the central podium which transforms you thus.

Then you fly around on rails - collecting all the gems set out on the course - you are timed on this and graded when all the gems have been collected. You killed enemies by circling around them and turning them back into fluffy animal friends...ahhhhh sweet..:prrr:

It sounds very dull but is actually quite good to play - the boss levels are not strictly on rails and were massive environments for the time. It was very very beautiful to look at and the flying was handled excellently. The music was also something of a masterpiece as I remember. It was certainly one of the Saturns best games...

Hope this helps...

has anyone played the original? I havent, but the graphics do look awesome. ppl say stuff how the wii has crappy grahpics and all...but really if they put work into it, it can be wonderful. I cant wait for FF: christal bearers.

Back