New Nintendo Website

samXcor3 said:
[sarcasm]well i mean no one who has a wii actually wants an online community. gosh, nintendo is so smart!! [/sarcasm]

You sir, get a cookie.

--

Shame UK site is still down for remodelling.

cyberzomby said:
Hmm dont know what your talking 'bout

Web 2.0? Thats something developpers made up ;) Its just the way the web was meant to be. And nintendo's website has got nothing to do with web 2.0 ( if it even was a real term ) That would require the users to put in content instead of nintendo itself.

Groan.... If you don't understand it, don't say it's something that 'is made up' or is 'wrong'.

Also, avoid going to Wikipedia (if you have) for information. Web 2.0 is the perceived new standard that companies are focusinng their ebusiness concepts around. It is not limited to user input, however it does include the idea of Wiki's. When I worked at IBM, there was a great push for the conversion to Web 2.0 standards (mainly through the implementation of AJAX within the developerWorks community). There is a really good and informative article published by IBM on this, but I can not lay my hands on it at the moment.

From the O'Reilly website (which has some concepts, but not all - i.e it does not mention about Achkoff's theory of Informaion Overload which leads to the idea of Chunking on a website).

Web 1.0 Web 2.0
DoubleClick --> Google AdSense
Ofoto --> Flickr
Akamai --> BitTorrent
mp3.com --> Napster
Britannica Online --> Wikipedia
personal websites --> blogging
evite --> upcoming.org and EVDB
domain name speculation --> search engine optimization
page views --> cost per click
screen scraping --> web services
publishing --> participation
content management systems --> wikis
directories (taxonomy) --> tagging ("folksonomy")
stickiness --> syndication

Just to clarify, yes it is real term, don't be so nieve.

Also, I think you would find that the redesign of Nintendo's website fulls within the concepts of Progressive Disclosure, Chunking, Short Lists etc.. all Web 2.0 concepts.

Sorry for the rant, but I thought best to explain this rather than just telling you to shut the hell up and get an education.

Im just mad the that the forums haven't opened up once again. Whats the deal with that? Are they even planning to?

looks very sleek

edit: just noticed, updgrade ya by beyonce was on the radio....:wtf:

Last edited:
Back