New to Wii, competitive 1st person shooters?

ahhh why haven't they made a ssbb preview channel yet?

DrMoze said:
ummm, no. Goldeneye was one of the first FPSs with a significant stealth aspect and more varied mission objectives. (Which went beyond the contemporary "Doom-type" games.) It was NOT a frantic shooter at all. :wtf:

Okay "Doctor" Moze lol

If you actually read the original post he says...

I've heard that Metroid 3 is the only good 1st person shooter on the Wii and that Medal of Honor II is ok, but still no competitive, player vs. player, split-screen type of mode like Bond: Goldeneye had.

Now, after bolding what he said, I really shouldn't even have to explain my reply because it should be common sense, but since you didn't notice the first time ill kindly explain.

Goldeneye 007 was indeed frantic in multiplayer split screen mode. You didn't go around creeping around trying to take someone out. Why went full frontal shooting and strafing doing circles around each other while shooting preferably at the head. So yes single player was "somewhat stealth" but I was pointing out multiplayer/split screen. Now please do not make a snappy reply saying "you should have said so" because im not here to make sure someone doesnt try to be a smart guy but help out the original poster. Unless of course you want to say Multiplayer on Goldeneye wasn't frantic, then again it I still wouldn't be wrong, it would just mean you sucked at Goldeneye ;)

There isn't a fps on Wii yet that covers single player, splitscreen multi and online multi all in one.

These games cover one part each though.

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption - single player, great controls.
MOH Heroes 2 - 32 players online, great controls.
Red Steel - 4 player split screen.

Red Steel isn't as bad as some people make out, although the controls are not as polished as MP3 or MOH H2.

MoH:H2 is in my opinion the best fps for the wii and i dont think it will be surpassed any time soon. True some controls are annoying and split screen would have been nice but other than that it is one of my favorite fps game, 2nd only to counter strike on the PC (not a halo fan)

Phillysoul said:
MoH:H2 is in my opinion the best fps for the wii and i dont think it will be surpassed any time soon. True some controls are annoying and split screen would have been nice but other than that it is one of my favorite fps game, 2nd only to counter strike on the PC (not a halo fan)

dunno what to say, other than that you probably haven't played very many good fps titles. mohh2 is indeed solid, but there's a HUGE margin for improvement.

Back