New Wii old downloads?

Lethal

Extreme Gamer
Nov 20, 2006
Missouri
Wii Online Code
4683-8466-6765-2704
My original Wii broke and I bought another. Is there anyway I can get the $100 worth of games back without paying for them again? Microsoft and Sony allow you to redownload the games YOU PAID for.

I know that Nintendo says if your Wii Shop account is deleted/removed you lose all your games. I have also heard (sorry, can't remember where exactly) that if you run into problems to give Nintendo a call. If anyone can help you, they can.

Hopefully this helps. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions. :)

Nintendo should hook you up seeing as this is a fault of theirs, but the problem may lie in the fact that there may be no proof of the games you had. Did you send the broken one to them? If it was still under warranty, even if you didn't, they still may be able to do something for you in the matter; as far as getting back what you paid for with the games, maybe if you call and talk it out with them and get the old one to them, there should be no reason for them not to help you; this is probably not the first time this problem has come up.

Why did you buy another one? The Wii has a one year warranty. You could have gotten it fixed for free (unless it was broken because of something that voided the warranty).

You can in that case send it in to get it fixed, and then turn around and sale it for plenty of money to get all your VC games back and then some.

Skippy said:
Why did you buy another one? The Wii has a one year warranty. You could have gotten it fixed for free (unless it was broken because of something that voided the warranty).

One YEAR?

'Scuse me?

I was under the impression that you got 30 days when you bought it, and then 60 more days if you registered it.

Do I really get a year? Plus 2 months for registering it?

The 30 Days (I think) When you buy the store warranty thing, but the console it self has like a year (I think) or its the other way around lol. Sorry if this post doesn't help

EDIT: Yeah the Console itself has 1 Year Warranty (send it back to Nintendo way)

HARDWARE WARRANTY
Nintendo of America Inc. ("Nintendo") warrants to the original purchaser that the hardware product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs during this warranty period, Nintendo or a NINTENDO AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTER will repair the defective hardware product or component, free of charge. The original purchaser is entitled to this warranty only if the date of purchase is registered at point of sale or the consumer can demonstrate, to Nintendo's satisfaction, that the product was purchased within the last 12 months.

Copyed from Nintendo Customer Service Warranty Area http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantytext_eng.jsp

Last edited:
Pikachu256 said:
The 30 Days (I think) When you buy the store warranty thing, but the console it self has like a year (I think) or its the other way around lol. Sorry if this post doesn't help

EDIT: Yeah the Console itself has 1 Year Warranty (send it back to Nintendo way)

HARDWARE WARRANTY
Nintendo of America Inc. ("Nintendo") warrants to the original purchaser that the hardware product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs during this warranty period, Nintendo or a NINTENDO AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTER will repair the defective hardware product or component, free of charge. The original purchaser is entitled to this warranty only if the date of purchase is registered at point of sale or the consumer can demonstrate, to Nintendo's satisfaction, that the product was purchased within the last 12 months.

Copyed from Nintendo Customer Service Warranty Area http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantytext_eng.jsp

And if you register your Wii with Nintendo, they add another 90 days to that 1 year warranty.

you can delete channels then redownload them for free, so their must be a record somewhere in their system
if you registered your wii at nintendo.com?

All of my games are registered at www.mynintendo.com They can clearly see that I paid for all my games. The old one broke but it was because it fell off the shelf. I dont think Nintendo will cover that lol.

I sent an email to Nintendo and I will post their reply in this thread. Hopefully it will help others in the same situation.

Trulen said:
One YEAR?

'Scuse me?

I was under the impression that you got 30 days when you bought it, and then 60 more days if you registered it.

Do I really get a year? Plus 2 months for registering it?

I think that you only get a warranty if you buy one when you purchase the system. Then if you register it you get an extended month or something.

Lol. I find this funny. If you bought games using a credit card, Nintendo can look up your account. They will probably do something, like cancel the previous Wii system. Unless you sold it to someone else. In that case... lol.

Back