New Wii with DVD with player

CinePlayer CE DVD Navigator is a robust, software-based DVD playback engine that delivers broad playback compatibility on a variety of platforms.

this means that they can just add it via the channels thingy, since the wii allready has a dvd drive, they would only need to update the codecs

same with hd... the 360 did it, they can do 1080p now, the wii can do it too

pizzaluvr said:
since the wii allready has a dvd drive

Your talking about the Future Wii right? The current model does not have a DvD drive in it.

pizzaluvr said:
it depends on what ninty does, hopefully, they will just make an update, but they might be asses and release a new one

I don't know. It gives them a good excuse to upgrade the processor to keep up with any HD games.

yes it does, that is what the games are on, im pretty sure dvd9's(dual layer-8.7 gbs) i have heard it reads it backwards, but if they could come out with a patch maybe

I hope to god they just do an update, I can understand them releasing colors later, but not something as big as this.

Yeah wouldn't that be a kicker if they released a better console and we couldn't play the new High Def games on our original wii's. I would loose it and become a Xbox fan really quick.

Dude its a DVD-ROM in the Wiis, where did you get the information they don't have DVD drives? Try looking around on the net, especially at technical specifications of games as they clearly state 'DVD-ROM'.

It will most likely be a codecs update and added via the channels, it would undermine the whole purpose of Wii channels if they released a new one.

You actually think they could put a game thats so massive like Zelda on a normal CD for an example?

pizzaluvr said:
yes it does, that is what the games are on, im pretty sure dvd9's(dual layer-8.7 gbs) i have heard it reads it backwards, but if they could come out with a patch maybe

I'll try to find what I read. But im pretty sure it doesn't and they the new model with the DVD drive will be $100 more then the Base and it will be an option.

xbandaidx said:
You actually think they could put a game thats so massive like Zelda on a normal CD for an example?

Lol you mean the same game they are releasing on the GameCube with all the same content?

uhh yeha i agree its wrong, and if i want a dvd i will pay 40 canadian! buying 100$ more then the base wii is a waste of time and money honestly

Back