Newbie is looking for a Zelda game

gino_76ph

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2010
London, England
hiya i had my Wii for a week now and so far i'm loving it. i am new and not familiar with those Zelda games but anybody can recommend me one? i want an adventure fantasy one and not those cartoony ones. thanks.

Start with Ocarina of time (Virtual console) as many consider that the best.

Twilight Princess is a good next stop off (Nothing to do with those bloody films, books and gay looking vampires).

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is more or less the easiest game of the series and also the best looking graphics wise with a great storyline to it too.

If I were you I'd buy The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time like Prin said. It's renouned for being the best in the series and broke the world record for most copies sold before it was even released (through pre-ordering) back in 1999. It's also said to be the best Nintendo 64 game by many fans. Just buy one of those $20 Nintendo Point cards and buy it on the Wii Shop channel. Ocarina of Time costs 1000 points, half of whats on the card meaning the game costs 10 bucks. That leaves you to buy another Zelda game with your remaining points.

With those points you could buy The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, another N64 title that's the direct sequel to Ocarina of Time and is pretty good but not near the best. Or you could buy Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the Super Nintendo. SNES games cost 800 points so you're left with an extra 200 points that you really can't buy anything with but it could go to your next purchase when you get another point card.

But if you want to squeeze in as many games out of that point card you could buy the original The Legend of Zelda for the Nintendo. Nes games cost 500 points each so that leaves you one more NES game. But whatever you do, do NOT buy The Legend of Zelda 2: Adventures of Link for the NES. It's the worst game of the series, stay away from it completely... that game sucks.

If you do decide to go with the original The Legend of Zelda I could suggest some good games to spend that last 500 points. Like Super Mario Bros. 3, Kid Icarus (Tough game but fun), Kirby, or Punch-Out are all good choices. Ooh, but if you're looking for fantasy-adventure like you said you could buy the original Final Fantasy with that last 500 points. It's a great gane if you like RPGs.

Why such hatred for Zelda 2?
Its better than most of those NES games out there. Grated its not the best in the Zelda games series, but its by not means the worst.

yeah zelda 2 was good, just not the best. don't forget about the zelda collector's edition for gamecube.

Yeah if you can get a copy of the GameCubes Zelda collectors edition its for the better
Zelda Masters quest is even better as it has Ocarina of time only harder and with items in different places

Back